It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Hoik Them!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Hoik Them!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:06 am

hey guys and girls just wondering what you have hoiked (thrown out) lately? this week i have thrown out easter eggs before they get the better of me. and i also went through my wardrobe and drawers and threw out a whole heap of clothes. i have them in a big bag in my boot of my car to put in the clothing bin today. it was sad saying good bye to some of the clothes i basically LIVED in.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:46 am

Kate that must have felt extremely good to get rid of all that stuff! I have big troubles throwing things away, I'm a hoarder :(
SarahC

Postby pixychic86 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:50 am

just on the subject of getting rid of old clothes that dont fit anymore.

as most of u know, i used to be a size 8, i gained 40kg in 2 months from taking nurofen, and am now getting rid of it.

ive kept all my skinny clothes, and ive placed them in strategic places, like hanging on the back of the door, etc, to remind me of how thin i used to be and as a daily reminder. just looking at the size 8 short shorts and mini skirts i used to wear makes me get my ass to the gym!

Jess!!
Lite & Easy gal!

12 WEEK CHALLENGE!!!!
(15/04/07- 09/07/07)

-START WEIGHT 96.6KG
week 1- 94.6kg
-------------------------------------------------------
HW-105.4kg
CW-94.6kg
GW-65kg
pixychic86

Postby dancer » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:08 am

A few years back I got rid of all the fat clothes in my wardrobe. It was a great feeling and I had the best intentions of never needing them again.

Needless to say, 3 years down the track I was really cursing myself for throwing all of them out as I really needed them.

I can't however bring myself to throw away my skinny clothes.

I have lent a lot of stuff to my sister on the proviso that when I can wear them I get them back.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby Chelle » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:13 am

I just moved so I threw out a whole blue bin of crap & also went to the clothing bin & threw out a whole heap of clothes
Chelle

Postby Vegetable » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:22 am

I get rid of things all the time (I take them to the local op shop) at least once a fortnight, Im always sorting through things and "recycling" them to the op shop. It was my sons birthday a few weeks ago, and we have a little ritual we do before a birthday or christmas. He and I go through all of his toys, clothes etc and throw out the ones that he is too old for/too big for etc to make "room" for the new ones he will recieve. It works for me! :D No more overflowing toy box or wardrobe.
Vegetable

Postby yummymummy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:54 am

Ive just gone thru my childrens room and got rid of 2 green garbage bags full of toys and stuff!! it feels great and even my 7yr old said 'my room feels bigger!'
Ive also chucked out all my old fat clothes yesterday too, gaining a few kilos made me freak out and realise I dont want to go there again so it was very cleansing for me to get rid of them all
The op shop is going to like me when I drop all the stuff off!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby SarahC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:22 pm

Just remembered.... the best thing that I've thrown out was all my Navy uniforms. During my last week in the Navy I packed up bags of all my uniforms and dumped them in a charity bin down near the Bondi Junction westfield. I think I opened up the bag and threw in each item individually to make the pleasure last longer :twisted:

Then I got told that I really shouldn't have done that because people can pick up the clothes and use them to impersonate an officer :shock: Can't win!!
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:44 pm

yeha i am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to clothes but i dont have any good clothes at all. i need to make room for some new clothes which is why i went through my old ones. "theyre going to a better place" i say haha. my sisters kids hoard so much crap and toys etc. its ridiculous. those damn mcdonalds toys!! they hurt when you stand on them bare foot!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:42 pm

I "hoiked" my bad attitude this week and replaced it with a much simpler motto...."be kind to yourself"
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Justjudy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:56 am

I am like Amy, I love to chuck things out! In fact I am so good at it that I went to Lolly's when she was moving so that she did throw out the junk - She is a bit of a hoarder.

Like Ally, I have chucked out my bad attitude as of yesterday. I wasn't focused, and was in self destruct mode, :x so yesterday I kicked myself in the bum (found the clown shoes in the back of the cupboard :P ) and threw out the attitude and found a new one. :D

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Donk » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:12 pm

I've got all my old big clothes sitting in the back of my car waiting to go into a st. Vinnie's or Salvo's bin. My cupboard is so bare now!
Donk

Postby slimmindown » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:39 pm

I've gone through my wardrobe at least 3 times since last May and thrown out the clothes that are too big. I'm just about to do it again to make way for some new winter clothes. Some of them I've only had a few months but are to big to wear. I dont want to keep them though to give myself any excuses to gain :wink:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:21 am

Hey Donk and Deb it looks like this means shopping spree time! The only clothes that I have thrown out lately are the kids!! I am looking forward to the day when I can bundle up my "fat" clothes and give them to charity, knowing that I won't ever need size hippo again!!! (These women in America trying to get to size zero and I am just trying to get my bum out of size hippo!!!! :P )
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:58 pm

The day of closet clearing out is rapidly approaching - I reckon in about a month's time i'll be ready to hoik all my larger sized clothes.

None of my 14s fit anymore and only about half of my 12s fit, but I'm not a size 10 yet, so I have to live in this semi-baggy-limbo-world until I can buy size 10 clothes that aren't going to be too tight to start with and that won't end up too baggy when I'm at my goal weight.

I have a suitcase under my bed full of my old size 10 and probably some size 8 clothes too that I haven't dared open yet. Most of it is probably out of fashion but there might be some classic pieces in there I can wear again.

I am going to have to save a bit of money over the next 2~3 months so I can go on a big $pending $pree and buy lots of new clothes - that will be my big reward for reaching my goal weight. Can't wait :D

Not sure what I'll do with my old clothes. Can't be bothered selling them on eBay... I might bundle them up and give them to my mum as she volunteers at a St Vinnie's and that's what I usually do with my old clothes. My sister-in-law might want some of the good pieces too as she's recently lost a lot of weight and is down to about a size 14... hmmm.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk