It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Whats the best way to lose weight????? :?:

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Whats the best way to lose weight????? :?:

Postby feesmart » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:56 pm

hello all
well i am so confused now
whats the best way to loose weight???
low gi??
no carbs
high protein
low fat??
weight watchers??
have got a magazine subscription to slimming and that has a bout a dozen different diets in it its so comfusing

Postby Maraver » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:20 pm

Hi Fiona and welcome
It is so confusing isn't it
I think if you eat a little less than you do now and exercise more than you do now you will lose weight
I am hoping anyway
Now to see another South Aussie on here

Postby buffmumof2 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:14 pm

The best diet is the one you stick to but really its all about a lifestyle change, you have to be able to eat like this for the rest of your life.

I have been reading a lot of forums/info in the net about diets/eating healthy and have found a lot of info I am using now in my everday life. At the moment I am using a 40/30/40 plan being 40% of my calories come from carbs 30% from fat 40% from protein. a good way of tracking this is on (free) it breaks it all down for you in graphs etc. Most people need at least 1500 or more calories just to keep the fires of there motablism going.Especially if you are exercising which I assume you all are.
Also include good fats in your diet, eating 40 grams of fat is not bad if it includes good fat not all saturated stuff from fast food. Flax seed oil is a good suppliement has omega 6 3 and 9.

I am now eating lots of veges, fruit, meat, good carbs and good fats and loving the results.

Return to Weight loss Talk