It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Being fit and healthy.

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Being fit and healthy.

Postby Donk » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:45 pm

Wasn't sure exactly where to post this one, but thought this may be appropriate.

When I started on my weight loss journey I think my main focus was about losing the weight, of course I was never going to go to extreme lengths like not eating or anything like that, I always wanted to do things the healthy way.

One thing I have noticed though is how healthy I feel. On average I would have been sick about 2 or more times a year, now I don't know if it's because I'm so healthy now, but in the last year I have not been sick once. My girlfriend has been sick a few time and I have managed to avoid catching it (even kissing her).

Now I realise it isn't just about losing the weight, but about being fit and healthy too, and feeling great!

Here's to another sick-free year!
Donk

Postby Kaz » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:48 pm

I completely agree with you Donk. Eating properly gives your body all the vitamins and minerals it needs to stay healthy. I know that I am an asthmatic and when I started to eat properly and also do some mild exercise (especially yoga) I rarely have an asthma attack anymore but occassionally I will feel a little wheezy from hayfever or cats.

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:51 pm

i agree wholeheartedly. not only does weightloss change your appearance but it changes many other areas in your life. i feel less lethargic and more energised and i also feel an excitement on shopping day cos i can check out all the fresh produce and read labels! its healthy for the mind losing weight as it is for your body :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:36 pm

Couldn't agree more. My kids have picked up a couple of colds, and in the last week they have had a vomiting bug (a few smelly, messy, sleepless nights), and I have not had as much as a sniffle. Normally when they were sick, I ended up with whatever it was, and sometimes worse than they had. I am still getting my flu shot next week though - don't want to tempt fate that much.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Return to Weight loss Talk