It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

cosmo workout.... opinions needed

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

cosmo workout.... opinions needed

Postby milo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:23 pm

I was reading the latest cosmo and I give them a lot of credit. They have a section called the "our biggest, smallest, curviest, thinnest fashion story ever"

The girls who are size 14-16 are beautiful and the clothes on them look great. I feel really comfortable with myself today because of the way they look.

I was reading one of the articles, and it talks about excerise and I wanted your opinions :!:

"Doctors Riizen and Mehmet recommend walking 10,000 steps a day (with at least 30 min continous walking). Also do 30 minutes of resistance training a week and 5 minutes of flexability every day..."

What do you think about that. I was going to trial it for the next 2 weeks, and see what the outcome is.

But I need to get it right. What "resisitance training"
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Mandie » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:01 pm

resistance training is anything against some resistance... like lifting weights or using one of those elastic band thingies? even body weight exercises like pushups count, because you are using your body weight as the resistance.

the plan of walking 30 minutes a day, throwing in resistance 3 times a week and flexibility 5 minutes a day is probably the most sensible exercise regime i have EVER seen in a magazine - it's what most doctors and personal trainers would recommend!
Mandie

Postby milo » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:55 pm

Well its going to take some effort on my behalf, but will see how I go

P.s I weighted myself the past few days and some how after an ok week I am back to 82.2 kg :roll:
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:01 pm

All exercise takes effort mel but the results are worth it. Not just for how it can make you look but more importantly how healthy it makes you heart and body.

I agree with Mandie, it seems like a very sensible plan. Give it a good go and you may find after a while you want to do more but it is a great starting point. Although if you have been doing no exercise you may need to build up to this. Good luck and let us know how you go. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Vegetable » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:22 pm

Do you have bubs? Pushing a pram is resistance training :D
Vegetable

Postby Justjudy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:42 pm

It is certainly a sound exercise plan Mel and one that is sustainable which is what we all need to look for. I bought a pedometer recently and have made sure that I have done my 10000 steps a day - in fact I make over 15000 most days. Throwing in the flexability and resistance training might help, I might give that a go as well.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby dancer » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:43 pm

Vegetable wrote:Do you have bubs? Pushing a pram is resistance training :D

I think she wants bubs like me......... :D

I'm going to follow that too Mel it sounds right up my alley except I might count my crosstrainer into the steps to as I'm not a massive walker outside.

Good luck with it.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Return to Weight loss Talk