It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Free Newsletter

DR PHIL

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

DR PHIL

Postby Vegetable » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:34 am

Hey ppl :D \
Just thought Id let you know that today at 12.00pm, on Dr Phil, he is discussing "extreme food obsession, from starving to binging" I thought it sounded like something worth watching! :) xx
Vegetable

Postby Luna » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:37 am

Thanks for that! :D
Luna

Postby SarahC » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:49 am

Sounds good! I'm at work so I can't watch it though :(
SarahC

Postby Ally » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:59 am

alright!! I haven't seen dr phil in ages....gives me an excuse to watch it today...thanks for letting us know!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:06 pm

Thanks I will watch it for sure.
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby catclawz » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:54 pm

Ohh bummer.. i missed it
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKGbOOn/]
[/url]
catclawz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:06 pm

aw i couldnt watch it, what was it like?
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:47 pm

I watched the last bit about the anorexic chick she looks alot better now then what she looked like at 34KG but she still has a long way to go, they rekon that she was going to die in 6 days time & that they gave her 10% chance that she woud live because every part in her body was shutting down.
Chelle

Postby Vegetable » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:04 pm

It was actually not what I thought it would be, but still ok :) Basically it was about different ppls struggles with eating/not eating. the first part was about a little girl (six I think??) who was born with a disease that caused her to just eat and eat and never feel full, as well as language and behavioural problems, ocd, tantrums, development problems etc poor girl. Although I really try not to judge other parents on how they raise/treat their kids, and I know that I have not been in her position AT ALL I think Her mum was totally handling it the wrong way (hitting her mentally disabled daughter with a belt! :shock: Calling her stupid, telling her to shut up, slapping her across the face. degrading her etc ) But at least she went to dr phil for some help and support (im sure a support network would be needed to make her life easier, and the life of that poor little girl) I just found myself cringing and felt so bad for that child, as if she could help it :(
The second part was about a woman who had been severely anorexic for 16 years, adn was told she would die in 6 weeks, before dr phil intervened and she went into treatment and began putting on weight. It was basically about her struggle with anorexia, her family, and not slipping back into old patterns.... it was an interesting show, even though not what I expected :)
Vegetable

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:38 pm

thats sounds awful amy- especially about the girl getting hit and abused by the motheer
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:42 pm

I think that was a repeat and that I might have seen it before. Did the little girl have Prader Willy Syndrome? That's when no matter how much the person eats, they constantly feel hungry? If so, that was really sad. I remember when the mum said that her daughter deliberately provoked her and that's why she got angry and upset with her and then Dr Phil said that she was an adult and fully capable of making decisions but her daughter was just a child and one with learning disabilities to boot. :(
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby zoeh » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:39 pm

oh that would have been really interesting to watch
zoeh

Postby Vegetable » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:34 am

Thats it milkyway, Prader Willy Syndrome, I coulnt remember the name..... and yeah it was really sad
Vegetable

Postby Ally » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:22 pm

I missed it too...it sounds very interesting...I had just read an article on that syndrome and the battle the parents had to go through so that this child just wouldn't eat everything in sight (he even smuggled a frozen chicken to bed one night!) These parents handled it a different way though and certainly didn't belt him...it would be a hard thing to deal with that is for sure.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:52 pm

there have been a few Dr Phil shows AND i have to say i had a lump in my throat everytime i watched it when it was to do with weight.. one of the girls is as heavy as me and ONLY 23 i nearly died... i thought gosh she reminds me of me.. i used to hide hehind my hair and all.... I also have friends who are supportive and one i class as my little sister WHO has given me an incentive to loose it or miss out.

I think because we are all different some of his shows are hard to relate to but i certainly CAN say i have in the past few weeks of watching his weight shows..

It has made me wake up to my faults.. i love his saying you cannot change something you dont know you're doing wrong.. THIS is SO TRUE!! BUTt my question is WHERE IS THAT HELP!!!! we DONt havea huge mansion to live in and have people at us all the time.. i wish i did in some way! and in another i dont
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days
Maxx

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk