It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:11 am

Free Newsletter

How often do you eat?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby gea » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:09 pm

Hi, I try to leave at least 2 hours between meals because that will maintain your glucose levels more even, if you eat then eat again in 30 minutes your levels will be all over the place and this leads to weight gain.
gea

Postby Vegetable » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:12 pm

Ive never heard that gea?? :shock:
Vegetable

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:51 pm

This is a great question i often wonder the same thing

OH gosh my mum is the same she eats once a day (in fact this was all our problems both my parents do it and i grew up eating once a day too) mum will eat again when she almost passes out.... BUT lately due to her diabetes she's eating more often.

I find that i do get hungry every 5 hours or so.. but because I’m SO used to this feeling don’t get the urge to eat until tea time... this is where i am trying to stop this..

I usually wake up 5am every morning.. by the time i feed my dogs and tend to them a whole hour or so is gone.. then i rush out the door to get to mum's to take her to apts.. so when i get here then i have 2 coffees and that's my brekky... it's about 430 when i feel my guts turning to the point when my head is spinning.. now I’m trying to stop this too and feel it's interesting question when is the right time to eat??

I am trying (well made another goal to only have one serving (small) of anything i eat.. and better eat less portions but more frequently..) in doing this I’m finding that ever 2 to 3 hours i'm feeling a bit hungry and almost dizzy again.

My greatest break is breaking the coffee AND eating.. but I’m getting there!

Is it OK to eat perhaps 6 times a day but in small portions for example
brekky
snack
lunch
snak
dinner
snack
and that's it.. because I’m hypoglycemic i find that if i have a glass of milk?? (not anymore as I’m lactic intolerant) but now i have a bit of fruit i can wake up in the morning.. other wise I’m starving by the time 4am hits, but again settled with a coffee??? :roll:
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days
Maxx

Postby MissE » Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 pm

I currently eat 4 times a day. Breakfast, first lunch, second lunch and dinner. One of the lunches is more like a snack, say a sandwich, then a bowl of soup 2-3 hours later. I dont tend to snack as such. quite often dinner is eaten over 2 'meals' as well, ill take half to work, then eat the other half when i get home..
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Jisgone » Wed May 02, 2007 8:51 pm

i normally have breakfast, lunch, snack then dinner. i dont eat after tea because normally we dont eat till about 7pm. oprah swears by eating very 3 hours i think, but then again shes famous for yo yo dieting :P
Jisgone

Postby yummymummy » Wed May 02, 2007 10:55 pm

Im the odd one out here ! I eat 3 times a day, no snacking and never 2 hrs before bed,I make sure I have protien with each meal and I eat carbs at breaky( usually cereal or grainy bread) and lunch (only a little)but try and avoid them at dinner( so no potatoes rice or bread or stodge- It works for me because Im not one to stop at 1 of something or just a handfull of nuts Im basically a pig :oops: so its all or nothing for me!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby dietcoke » Wed May 02, 2007 11:22 pm

Oh I couldn't handle that. There are days when I don't eat much because I'm lazy but most days I need to eat constantly to keep my energy and concentration up. Actually lately I've been eating every 2-3 hours (sometimes even more often), I've cut out caffeine during the week (all except green tea), and cut as much sugar as possible from my diet and I tell you I've never felt better. I've had LOADS of energy, my skin and eyes are much brighter, I've lost a few kilos and noticed muscle tone almost straight away once I started doing pilates again. It's so weird that after so many years of going through periods of living on diet coke, fruit and rice cakes or alternatively eating everything in the house, I've finally found a balance and it's SO much easier to stick to than I thought. Don't get me wrong I still slip (had a couple of choccy biscuits today) but instead of eating the entire contents of the biscuit tin and flopping on the lounge for the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself I can snap right back into "good" mode. I just hope it lasts because I'm actually pleasant to be around in the arvos now...hehehe...no more walking in the door ready rip everyones faces off. :twisted:
dietcoke

Postby dancer » Thu May 03, 2007 1:27 pm

I eat every couple of hours if I'm hungry.

I'm quite often hungry only a few hours after a big meal and hubby just can't comprehend it.

If we've been out for a big meal the night before quite of he will wake up and not have breakfast because he still feels full from the night before.

For me though, no matter how much I eat the night before I'll need breakfast within half an hour of waking or I'll feel sick.

As for mothers, I know the older my Mum gets the less food she seems to need.

Every one is different.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby SarahC » Thu May 03, 2007 4:34 pm

I have a snack when I first get up, then breaky after the gym, morning tea, lunch, a couple of afternoon snacks, dinner, dessert, and a snack after dinner.... :oops: :oops:

How embarassing! LOL

If I only ate when I was hungry I could cut that down by half!
SarahC

Postby dietcoke » Thu May 03, 2007 8:35 pm

Oh dancer I'm exactly the same. No matter how much I've eaten I'm often hungry only a couple of hours after I eat (unless I REALLY overdo it).

And if I eat late at night I wake up hungrier than if I stop eating after dinner.
dietcoke

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk