It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Reductil

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby CMS » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:58 pm

It should serve as a warning to be more responsible with these type of drugs
Willing is not enough; we must do. Knowing is not enough; we must apply ~ Bruce Lee
CMS

Postby mrs c » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:07 pm

I think people need to be aware that these sorts of drugs are not suitable for people who are not in the obese/morbidly obese BMI range.

It also serves as a warning that doctos are not perfect and it pays to research what you are putting into your body.

Unfortunately there will always be people who abuse weight loss drugs but the doctors who continue to prescribe them need to be named and shamed.
mrs c

Postby mrs c » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:09 pm

I meant to say 'doctors who continue to prescribe them TO PEOPLE THEY ARE NOT INTENDED FOR should be named and shamed'. AS I mentione before, Reductil was very effective for me, but only in conjunction with the right attitude, eating and exercise.
mrs c

Postby dancer » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:25 pm

mrs c wrote:I meant to say 'doctors who continue to prescribe them TO PEOPLE THEY ARE NOT INTENDED FOR should be named and shamed'. AS I mentione before, Reductil was very effective for me, but only in conjunction with the right attitude, eating and exercise.

Ditto.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby Ally » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:45 pm

yes well we all know doctors aren't perfect, but I think that this doctor had the obligation to say no to her no matter how much she "wanted" the drug....blimey what is next a junkie can walk into the doctor and demand to be given prescription drugs because they want it??? there has to be a line drawn somewhere.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby MissE » Sat May 12, 2007 2:14 pm

Ally wrote:yes that is true however I believe that these stories need to be told...don't think it was hyped up at all......

oh, i was talking in general. I tend to be pretty hars on mainstream media, having a degree in it and all lol, i know its seedy underbelly :D
I just meant that the media tends to take stories like this and make it more about the drug/food/whatever than the person who was abusing it, if you get what I mean.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Re: Reductil

Postby lizvic22 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:36 pm

i am 22 and i am 5'10 and have always weighed around 70kg+ range in the last two-three years i have finally started exercising.. but i seem to have gained weight!
im now 92kg and feel disgusting! i have always been over weight.
i have just started reductil and not sure how its going to work?

i know im only young and i really should be doing this the safe way..?
i really need to be educated on reductil??

does anyone have any info.. how much weight should i expect to loose.. i exercise 3 times a week.. full on 1hour hard sessions.

please help
should i mix a certain diet with this
lizvic22

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:10 pm

so you have been given a drug but the doctor didn't actually discuss it with you?
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby lizvic22 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:15 pm

electrongirl wrote:so you have been given a drug but the doctor didn't actually discuss it with you?

thats right.. hopeless!
i prob honetsly shoudlnt have even been given this.. but i wanted somthing that will even put it into my head that im going to loose weight.
dr! from a crappy medical centre doesnt help.

i want to stop eating and just want fast weight loss.
and want to know what i am capable of loosing doing what im doing
lizvic22

Postby electrongirl » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:19 pm

lizvic22 wrote:
electrongirl wrote:so you have been given a drug but the doctor didn't actually discuss it with you?

thats right.. hopeless!
i prob honetsly shoudlnt have even been given this.. but i wanted somthing that will even put it into my head that im going to loose weight.
dr! from a crappy medical centre doesnt help.

i want to stop eating and just want fast weight loss.
and want to know what i am capable of loosing doing what im doing

i seriously wouldn't take them. Diet pills are not the answer. They dont address your eating habits, they dont teach you anything about food or exercise.

Not eating for fast weightloss is dangerous and people die doing it.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk