It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:08 am

Free Newsletter

eating at night????

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

eating at night????

Postby Aquarian » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:56 am

Does anyone have info or links on what time you should have your last bite to eat. I am finding that when trying to stick to my 1500 calories per day, by 7.30pm I still have 500 to go. I don't want to not eat them, as experience has shown me that I just become washed out and lethargic for the next few days and use this excuse to not exercise. :?:
A closed mouth gathers no feet
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0RQlKw/]
[/url]
Aquarian

Postby MissE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:01 am

i dont buy into the 'dont eat after a certain time' thing. as a night worker, i sometimes dont get a chance to eat til after midnight and go to bed fairly soon after, and i still lose weight. But thats just me, i know that not eating after a certain time does work for some people!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Donk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:55 am

I have heard that you should not eat within two hours of going to bed at night.
Donk

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:22 pm

hey aquarian i am sure you can add your 500cals to your other meals throughout the day. if you are having cereal for breaky add something to it like dried fruit or fresh fruit or yogurt or something, for lunch add some light cheese to your sandwich or a small whole meal roll to your soup or whatever it is you are eating. and at dinner have an extra serve of something or dessert have a low fat dessert. i can easily find 500 worth of things to add to my day! haha. but then again if you arent hungry you shouldnt have to eat. like donk said i wouldnt eat at least 2 hours before dinner only because i sleep better when i dont have a full tummy- but Oprah always goes on about it when Dr Oz is on tv.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:52 pm

I understand that washed out feeling in the morning after eating late at night. I am prone to the occasional late night binge... next morning feels just like I have a hangover, but it's a food hangover, not an alcohol hangover :(

Lucky you for having 500 spare calories! I wouldn't stress if you can't get up to the 1500, but you wouldn't want to keep the cals too low for too long in case your body goes into starvation mode. Maybe an extra snack here and there? :?
SarahC

Postby yummymummy » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:35 pm

I always follow the dont eat for 2 hrs before going to bed so i tend not to eat anything after dinner, if I do I wake bloated and yuck
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby zoeh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:09 pm

How about trying to add a few nuts? They always seem to be the ones that creep up in calories for just a handful.

In regards to what time you should last eat before going to bed, on my sureslim plan it says to be done eating 2 hours before bed, there seems to be a trend...
zoeh

Postby Chelle » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:22 pm

noramally 2 hours before you go to bed
Chelle

Postby dietcoke » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:50 pm

I've heard 3 hours! But two sounds better. I know that if I eat late at night I wake up HUNGRIER than if I stop eating after dinner. Also when I work out in the morning after eating late at night I feel really sick.

Whatever works best for you. Maybe try the whole 2 hour thing. That's what I'm going to do. Three hours makes it hard for me to sleep 'cause I'm hungry.
dietcoke

Postby zoeh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 pm

When i was doing an eating plan with a naturopath she told me that you should wake up feeling hungry

I dont know if that is true or not, but she said that means your body is losing weight or something actually im going to look that up on google and get back to this forum..
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:55 pm

i cant find anything except for someone saying that if you wake up hungry it means your stomach is empty which is a good thing and means your metabolism is working well
zoeh

Postby zoeh » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:17 pm

oh i just found this: (but they might just be selling their eating plan):

The stomach is much like a muscle, and like any muscle it can be stretched and will remain stretched until we stop stretching it. The capacity of a normal adult's stomach is about 4 cups by volume, but many have stretched their stomach to two or even three times it's normal size. This can happen by eating overeating on a regular basis and in our society super sized fast food meals and all-you-can-eat buffets are only making the problem worse. When your stomach becomes stretched as a result of overeating it will remain stretched for a period of time. After eating a huge meal beforebed, some wonder why they wake up feeling hungry. It's because the stomach has become stretched and now feels empty.

If you are one who has stretched your stomach to two or even three times it's normal size, you now have to eat two or three times a normal amount of food in order to feel full and satisfied. Have you stretched your stomach? Can you eat more than 4 cups of food and still have room for more? If so, the chances are that your stomach is in a stretched condition. The good news is this. as soon as you stop stretching your stomach it will quickly begin to return to its normal size.

Can you imagine eating a normal portion of food and feeling so full that the thought of just one more bite would seem painful to you? Helping your stomach to return to its normal size is the very foundation of a permanent solution to a weight related challenge and The Wholefood Farmacy's 13 day program known as the Tri-Decathlon Delux can help you get there in no time at all! (sales pitch continues...)
zoeh

Postby Aquarian » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:00 pm

thank you all, sounds like 2 to 3 hours should be the norm, I remember reading several times that you shouldn't eat past 6 or 8pm and just wanted to make sure. Hey, it's not everyday I have calories in the bank, just occassionally (last night again 400 to spare) but because it was 7.30 I was reluctant to eat them. I never eat breakfast just 2 low fat lattes, hardly eat lunch, but forcing a snack in lately, so evening time I usually have heaps of calories to spare and sometimes can't get them in because I fall asleep
A closed mouth gathers no feet
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0RQlKw/]
[/url]
Aquarian

Postby Maxx » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:08 pm

Donk wrote:I have heard that you should not eat within two hours of going to bed at night.

I've learnt this too and fint it suits me... i find though if i were to eat at 11pm i feel crook BUT again it depends when i worked and late a nights i didnt get home until 11pm i had to have tea.. so it should suit you and your life style.. just give yourself a couple of hours b4 you go to bed. IMO
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days
Maxx

Postby zoeh » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:10 pm

Aquarian it is really important to eat breakfast and its really bad for you to skip two meals

The trainers on the biggest loser say the number on thing they tell their clients is to eat breakfast

Do you just eat dinner and get through on coffee?

I'm concerned!
zoeh

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk