It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:55 am

Free Newsletter

workout on foxtel

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

workout on foxtel

Postby dietcoke » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:34 pm

I've recently found a really good workout on Discovery Home and Health (which is channel 640 on digital). It's on at about 7am weekdays and it's an aerobic dance kinda thing. I've known there were aerobic type shows on before but watched the first one which a cheesy american 90s workout and figured the three shows were all the same. I got up a bit later the other day and realised how fun the second show is. Today was an Indian kind of dance class and I've also done hip-hop and Salsa. It goes for about and hour and you find yourself giggling the whole way through 'cause you feel like a bit of a knob but it's really fun and I tell you it kicks my butt.
dietcoke

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:27 pm

aw we dont have foxtel, we can afford it but i dont want to cut other things out of our budget. i told mick we could have foxtel or broadband so we have broadband!! that means i can talk to this bunch of lovely peoples :)
kate_turner2000

Postby dietcoke » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:23 pm

Well in that case I'm glad you chose broadband kate. Actually our broadband is through optus so I think it's cheaper if you put it all together with the tv and internet than if you have them separatly. Although I'm not the one who pays the bills...thanks dad! Just another reason to still live at home at 22 :wink:
dietcoke

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:26 pm

lol there are definately benefits of living at home when you are 22 but i love being in my own place. :) if i lived at home still iw ouldnt have mick or heidi and i definately wouldnt be allowed to have broadband because of the bills- mind you my bills are cheaper than my mums!
kate_turner2000

Postby dietcoke » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:31 pm

S'pose I'm just lucky that my dad loves new toys...hehehe

He's so funny - everytime some new piece of technology comes out he has to get it (even if he can't afford it - which most of the time he can't). I mean everything from cars with GPS to DVD players, computers - you name it. He doesn't have time to use any of this technology so the rest of us benefit and generally don't have to share with him :wink:

Oh well he works really hard so he deserves it.
dietcoke

Postby MissE » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:33 pm

haha are we sisters? your dad sounds just like mine. I dont live with them, but i wonder if they would tape this for me, ive been looking for good TV workouts...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Chelle » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:20 pm

Sound's awsome but I don't have foxtell. Like Kate I can't aford it I would love to have it for the sports especially the NRL footy
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:27 pm

hey chelle yeah mick only wants foxtel for the nRL. i want it for the movies :P and lifestyle channels.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:37 pm

Same, If we get it we are looking at $80+ I would rather put that money somewhere elses
Chelle

Postby Vegetable » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:38 pm

oooh yeah Ive seen it, I did it once...funnies thing ever! LOL I was doing it one morning, and woke up my sis, she freaked out and said Sounded like a herd of rhinos bouncing around in the lounge :) hehe I love foxtel,(moved back in with the parents for a few months to save some money :roll: lol they have foxtel, I could never afford it on my own), but not the movie channels. I love lifestyle and home and health and FOOD channel... I just dont want to get too into it so that I dont miss them when I go :)
Vegetable

Postby slimmindown » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:42 pm

I have foxtel and enjoy it. especially on the weekends when all there is on free to air is sport.

I like the old sitcoms and lifestyle programs. the health channel is good but repeats alot. i also like the music channels ,there great when I'm doing the housework.

Have never got intot he workouts, not the time I'm ready to exercise I guess :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Chelle » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:46 pm

funnies thing ever! LOL I was doing it one morning, and woke up my sis, she freaked out and said Sounded like a herd of rhinos bouncing around in the lounge

LOL that cracked me up!!!!
Chelle

Postby dietcoke » Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:38 pm

Yeah my uncle has a foxtel box installed in their house and they only use it during the footy season then get it switched off when the season is over so really they can watch all the tv they like until the season's over then they don't pay for it during the other months of the year.

I watch arena mostly but they repeat everything so I know just about evey Will and Grace episode by heart...not to mention Friends
dietcoke

Postby gremlen » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:14 pm

:D i have optus -it is a little expensive and they do repeat shows like SVU twice and simpson,futurama its on in mornings them repeats again at night.
love toe doc,lifestyle,national geo etc...
we pay $60 mth just for the basic ch. and when we want to see a box office we have to pay each time@ $5.95

gremlen
xxxx
gremlen

Postby KimE » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:52 pm

I will check that out when I am on holiday dietcoke as we have foxtel here. LOL I have never watched the health channel once....to be honest I'm not fussed about tele and hubby always has the remote. The only thing I really love is Hell's Kitchen cause I love to see Gordon Ramsay yelling at everyone. Hehe....he's my hero.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk