It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:04 am

Free Newsletter

Tea for weightloss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Maxx » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:38 pm

Sassygirl wrote:I have tried one called Dieters Tea or Slimmers Tea (my girlfriend gave it to me). No joke - it gave me stomache cramps that led to the dreaded diarrhoea - at 2am in the morning. They are really bad - but give you a fantastic clean out believe me!!

YES me too the teas and there are a few i have tried made me ill to the point i went to hospital with almost twisted intestines.. i would be very very careful with them. I had the surgeon ask me who was Asian mind you tell me to not take that.. you need to find out if your body can tollerate one of the ingredients in there... but dont ask me now that was years ago when i was in highschool so you can imagine how embarrassing it was... and yep sitting on the dunny for hours! no fun!
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days

Postby Maxx » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:39 pm

I just wanted to add and ask about Green Tea does it make you loose the wieght? and what sort of herb or grass is Green tea?? I had green tea once and it knocked me out cold i passed out and tried it again a year after that and again makes my sugar levels drop really low and dizzy... just wondering what it's from.
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days

Postby zoeh » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:50 pm

I love green tea, i drink at least 5 cups a day. There is this green tea I buy from Sassafras that is so good, its very addictive. I love the taste though and I love it strong, although sometimes it can be too strong and makes me feel unwell... why does that happen? It happens with normal tea too...

Here is some information I found about green tea:

Benefits of Green Tea

Green tea contained powerful antioxidants which have been shown in recent studies to fight viruses, slow aging, and have a beneficial effect on health. Clinical tests have shown that green tea can help destroy free radicals and have far-reaching positive effects on the entire body.

Free radicals are highly reactive molecules and fragments of molecules that can damage the body at the cellular level leaving the body susceptible to cancer, heart disease, and many other degenerative diseases.

EGCG is a potent antioxidant.
Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), an antioxidant found in green tea, is at least 100 more times more effective than vitamin C and 25 times more effective than vitamin E at protecting cells and DNA from damage believed to be linked to cancer, heart disease and other serious illnesses. This antioxidant has twice the benefits of resveratrol, found in red wine.

Special Benefits of Green Tea
• Reduces high blood pressure. Drinking green tea represses angiotensin II which leads to high blood pressure.
• Lowers blood sugar. Green tea polyphenols and polysaccharides are effective in lowering blood sugar.
• Fights cancer. There have been many studies that have shown that green tea catechins are effective at preventing cancer.

Green tea also boosts the immune system because of its high concentrations of polyphenols and flavenoids.

Green Tea and Weight Loss

If you drink green tea you can-
• Lower cholesterol
• Increase Thermogenesis (the body's rate of burning calories)
• Enhance fat oxidation

Green tea weight loss benefits- it burns fat naturally and increases metabolism
Green tea contains high concentrations of catechin polyphenols. These compounds work with other chemicals to intensify levels of fat oxidation and thermogenesis, where heat is created in the body by burning fuels such as fat. Drinking Japanese green tea regularly will increase your metabolism and help burn fat safely and naturally.
Which green teas are best for weight loss? Please click here- green tea for weight loss for our recommendations.

Green tea can lower cholesterol and increase energy expenditure
Green tea also causes carbohydrates to be released slowly, preventing sharp increases in blood-insulin levels. This promotes the burning of fat.

Drinking green tea can facilitate weight loss by affecting glucose
Weight is gained as excess sugars and fats are stored in the body as fat cells. Green tea catechins can help prevent obesity by inhibiting the movement of glucose in fat cells. Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) has been found to be especially effective. There is now good evidence that green tea catechins are related to reductions in body fat.

Maxx - I have no idea why you would faint from green tea.. how strong did you have it? But here is some information on what exactly green tea is:

What is green tea?
What exactly is the difference between green tea, and the comfortable black tea you are used to? Well, it all comes from the same plant (Camellia sinensis), but the difference is in the processing. Green tea is dried, but not fermented. The shorter processing gives green tea a lighter flavour than black tea. It also helps keep all the beneficial chemicals intact, which is why green tea is so good for you.

Postby kamejoni » Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:50 pm

I also love green tea, i just buy mine from coles or safeway, the brand is called Madura and its in a little black box with a green front, it comes in tea bags or tea leaves( for a pot), i have one every morning and one every night ( when i am on track , that is) and at the moment i am not, but i am going to make a cuppa now and it will be green tea

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:17 pm

I don't mind green tea now and then, but sometimes it makes me quite nauseous :?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:17 pm

Tea is so good for you. I find it helps with my digestion, especially if I've eaten too much and I feel bloated green tea helps that feeling disappear.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs

Postby MaryT » Tue May 08, 2007 2:37 pm

Why are people fainting and feeling nauseous from green tea? What is in it? I haven't tried it before but have heard about it. I have been sticking just to water and lots of it!

Postby bundy-mum » Tue May 08, 2007 10:05 pm

I love green tea and drink it luke warm sometimes. It's a great thirst quencher but makes me pee ! :lol:

Return to Weight loss Talk