It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

Oh crap its raining...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Oh crap its raining...

Postby Matt » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:05 pm

Hmmmmm... Its pouring down at the moment.. wonder if the real rain season is gonna finally happen... anyways the rain doesnt bother me but ruining my brand new walking/jogging shoes does..

I dont have a treadmill or an exercise bike but I have used the weights tonight... what do you guys do when it rains...?

LOL im tempted to go barefoot and walk on the road at this stage.
Matt.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyArqbM/]
[/url]
Matt

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:10 pm

some people here still do go out in the rain and exercise. i usually pop on some exercise dvds and make the most of it. i also have an exercise bike too i can use
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:34 pm

I go to the gym or do home exercises, like exercise bike, exercise dvd or make out routine at home with sit-ups push ups weights ect.
Chelle

Postby Vegetable » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:13 am

Dont you hate that?? I have wrecked a few pairs of runners when they've got all crunched up with mud :) Im with the others, maybe organise a workout dvd? They have some really great ones now, no fluro lycra workout gear included :D
Vegetable

Postby KimE » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:27 am

As I generally do any outdoors stuff during the day I have found remarkably few days where it has rained and if it's slight I go anyway, so long as my iPod doesn't get ruined (it cost more than the shoes). A raincoat will do the job but not for your shoes.

Workout DVD's are pretty cool and you can get some more blokey ones if you don't want to watch the girlies bounce around....on the other hand you might enjoy that too. :wink: Don't underestimate the workout you can get though just cause there might be too much pink lycra. I love Tae Bo but am gonna start looking at the ones that Liz (Bluebox) mentioned a while ago as they also have some similar to a Pump class...very cool.
http://www.thefitnesssolution.com.au/st ... itnessDVDs

Anyway last night I came across the following workout DVD which by the sounds of it might be enough to make you sweat.
http://www.navyseals.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=148

Also Kmarts and Targets have a range and maybe the larger sports stores.

Weights is another option although unless you are doing a split routine you wouldn't be able to do it two nights in a row. Another thing with weights is you can do it like a circuit so it gets your heart rate up a bit more.

A skipping rope is another low cost option.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chelle » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:49 am

Today I went for a run in the rain with the dog. I had to put my shoes in the dryer as they were wet when I got home.
Chelle

Postby dietcoke » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:36 pm

I've been doing dance/aerobic type things on the tv, and skipping during the breaks. I'm just over the whole wlaking/running thing. There's a really good website that I got through a tip in here...

http://www.bellaonline.com/subjects/410.asp

(not sure how to hyperlink it so just highlight, hold control and c then go to the address bar thing and hold control v ... it's a quick way to copy and paste).

Forget all the references to women etc 'cause men could do it too I reckon. I like the body weight bootcamp one...and it's animated to show you how to do each exercise.
dietcoke

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:00 pm

unless it's really bucketing down (which is not as often as you would think) I usually go anyway, but I cycle rather than run.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Maxx » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:14 pm

I too go for walks in the rain.. as i dont have a gym system at home yet but i'm looking at getting a treadmill as the weather hopefulyl does pour more.. we need this rain badly!
GOAL 1: GIVE up COKE for 30 days
DAYS ACHIEVED: 0 of 30 (back 2 square one) Last attempt lasted 7 days
Maxx

Postby yummymummy » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:03 pm

Skipping ropeis a great idea kim Ive heard 10min of skipping equals 30min of walking, and a good low cost option, mmm Im sure I have one in the bottom of a toybox somewhere :roll:
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby SarahC » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:20 am

When it's raining I normally use my cross trainer or treadmill at home, go to the gym, or take my umbrella out for a walk lol.

Now, for those things I need either daylight (to see where I'm going outside), or electricity (to make the cross trainer & treadmill work). What do you suppose I did yesterday morning when the only time I had available was before sunrise, it was bucketing with rain, and there was a blackout????!!! Only thing I could do was use my cross trainier without the resistance on it, so I was moving pretty quick on it, in the dark... can you see it now? The things we do :roll:

Oh and weights by candelight heheeh..

Sometimes life presents us with challenges but it's how we respond to them that counts :wink:
SarahC

Postby Chelle » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:28 am

Sometimes life presents us with challenges but it's how we respond to them that counts

Very true sarah. Just because some thing might look that they stop you from doing somthing there is alwasys a way of getting around it.
Chelle

Postby KimE » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:21 pm

here here! Where there is a will there is always a way. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Fairie » Tue May 01, 2007 4:25 pm

I know it's a pain when you want to get out there and excersise and I have a real fear of walking on wet ground incase I slip over but boy was it welcome. We would have had about 8 inches of rain in 3 days. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Ally » Wed May 02, 2007 12:53 pm

RAIN??? can someone please refresh my memory?? is that the stuff that falls out of the sky when those big black things are overhead?? :P it has been that long since we have had any signifigant rainfall.......oh be thankful for the rain!!

However Matt, don't get me wrong I can understand your frustration :?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk