It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Free Newsletter

cruel people

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

cruel people

Postby miss_muffin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:59 pm

im so down right now i could cry.

i went to rugby training tonight and we had to do a road run which was fine and i have an awesome coach :D

everything was great until we had to go past an appartment block towards the end. there were a group of guys on a balcony and as each of us ran past they called stuff out. the other girls got stuff like "keep going yr doing well", "run baby run" etc.........when i passed they laughed and yelled out "fatty on the loose".

i know i shouldnt care but i feel so crushed.........i hate my body so much :cry:

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:07 pm

why bother worrying about them. Just think about can (and are) losing weight (not that that deserves that kind of behaviour). But they're still going to be tossers in a decade from now.

What matters is personality, and quite frankly, out of you and those so-called people, I know who i'd rather be around :wink:

By the way, wereabouts in Hobart are you?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:24 pm

I agrre with dawn . I get comments like that sometimes when i walk . basically i have learnt to shut it out although i did tell one guy "hey i can do something about my weight buddy but u will always be an a**h*** ."lol It wiped his smile off pretty quickly
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Postby Dolly » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:06 pm

I too have experienced this snickering from people who have no idea what it's like to struggle with weight. Even my husbands thin, slim family make little snide comments (even though I eat less than they do)
That's also why I always go for my morning walk when the high schoolers are in class.
Next time they do this (and there will always be a next time for all of us) stop running for a moment, grin at them and take a bow.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future,
it is something you design for the present.

big hugs

Postby Fairie » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:50 am

There will always be small minded cruel people in this world we live in Deb and their comments do hurt, I know.

Believe in yourself and know you are better than them. :D

You should be so proud of yourself, Rugby

Postby Maraver » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:19 am

Sod em...............sorry for swearing
Karma cometh

good girl for doing what you are doing

Postby carla » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:17 am

It is very unfortunate that there are a lot of people out there with their brains attached to their arses and therefore are full of censored. Being a somewhat sensitive soul myself, I find it very difficult to work through that kind of abuse too and tend to take it on board. And I actually think it is very, very important to know how to deal with abusive, thoughtless and cruel people because they seem to be everywhere and their behaviour can be a source of great destruction.

I am so sorry that these creatures inhabiting the same planet I do were so despicable towards you. I hope all of us in here can help each other learn how to overcome the taunts and beastliness of the ignorant, stupid and cruel. Your post made me feel like crying.

Return to Weight loss Talk