It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:45 am

Free Newsletter

How do you handle advice!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby vanessa0305 » Thu May 10, 2007 7:32 pm

I try to remember that when someone gives advice whether about my weigh loss efforts or bring up children or whatever, it's more about them then it is about me.

Postby Green_Butterfly » Tue May 29, 2007 12:04 pm

aw i know what you mean about familys commenting. although lately i have been seeing some friends i havnt seen in around a year and i know lots of people lose weight for the comments and compliments, but i HATE IT! a friend recently said "wow you look so skinny, wow are you eating?" then another family friend said in front of all my family " are you sick?? your so skinny" !! i could not believe it i was so embarressed. i know it was a compliment (a backhanded one at that) but I just hate hate hate the attention. I told my boyfriend this, and he said "isnt that why you wanted to lose weight?" and i tried to make him understand i wanted to be healthy and more comfortable in my own skin. The comments are so embarressing. Alot of my weight loss has been in my face ( I think my mum may have had a fling with bert newton 21 years ago) and now my face is a lot slimmer, so i can understand that people are a bit taken back, but just the over the top gushing is bloody awful. I would prefer someone say "wow you are looking healthy"

Life's a garden, dig it!!!

Return to Weight loss Talk