It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

To all the people that have managed to lose weight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

To all the people that have managed to lose weight

Postby Maraver » Wed May 09, 2007 6:58 am

How many "today's the day" did you have
What do you think was different about the last time you said 'Todays the Day"

Just so many of us me included have so many "Today's The day" , do you think we are not mentally ready to focus

Sorry if I am being nosy, not nosy but desperate as I start another 'Day'

Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Cherub » Wed May 09, 2007 8:05 am

I had so many of those days over many years.

I think when I finally starting losing weight it was because, I believed I could do it, I had just had my last child so there was going to be no more pregnancy to "spoil" it. I believed I deserved it and I think I owed it to my children to set a good example to them and to be fit and healthy to be around them for a long time and keep up with them.

I lost 33kg and am now doing my very best to maintain. Any negativity and those old habits creep back in. Keep positive and believe you deserve it.

Imagine what your life will be like when you lose the weight. Do not consider failure. If you slip up it will just take a little longer to reach your goal, it doesn't mean you won't get there.
Cherub

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 09, 2007 9:34 am

hey pam id have 'todays the day' or ill start monday! but never did. i never tried any weightloss programmes before i lost the weight, i just had a light bulb moment and got in there and ate right and exercised. but i did have many of those moments but never attempted to do anything about it
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed May 09, 2007 10:18 am

Hi Pam - I probably had at least 52 per year!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Fairie » Wed May 09, 2007 2:30 pm

I have lost count of how many "Today's the Day" I have had over the years Pam. I now tell myself that I am trying to eat healthy most of the time and there will be times I have those little extra's. I will not let myself get down about them and just continue with my healthy eating. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Sassygirl » Wed May 09, 2007 3:09 pm

I am actually having one today!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 09, 2007 4:21 pm

I've had many. Then went gung ho for about a week. Then gave up. I just wasn't going about it right. This time I don't really know what I did to make it work.... well I know what it was, slow changes, support etc, but I don't know what made me do that rather than what I had done before.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Wed May 09, 2007 8:30 pm

I was a bit like Kate and kept telling myself I would start tomorrow or Monday but not really do anything. I had two 'real' attempts that lasted about 2 months and I managed to lose around 7kgs each time. This time around though it's hard to explain. It really is like something 'clicked' inside my head and I realised I simply could not continue to eat how I was and expect to lose weight. It was going to take determination to stick with the plan I had chosen and then slowly I started introducing exercise. Each chocolate biscuit or piece of cake I turned down just made me feel stronger. By the time I had lost 10kgs I knew nothing was going to stop me getting to my goal.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby sal1009 » Thu May 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Know exactly how you feel. Next week, tomorrow, Monday etc, etc.
And it continues every day. I have lost almost 20kg so far and I have to keep reminding myself how good it feels to avoid falling into the old trap of putting things off.

I find I have to really focus on my eating and exercise some days while on others it is automatic.

Keep trying
sal1009

Postby yummymummy » Thu May 10, 2007 3:37 pm

I have to tell myself everyday -Today is the day I will eat well and exercise, if I dont put myself in the right head space at the start of the day Im censored for the rest of the day.
The one thing that was different this time arount in comparrision to other attempts is if I have a bad meal or a bad day I dont look at it as an excuse to give up I just jump back into it the next meal.
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby vanessa0305 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:42 pm

I have lost count of the amount of diets I started but didn't stick to. The amount of Monday's I was starting and never did or never got to Tuesday!

But when the time was right I was ready and I didn't fail. I kept going. I had the motivation and the control I needed. I think you need to win battle in your head before you can win it with your body!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Michael P Brunzell » Fri May 11, 2007 2:38 am

Last year i lost lots of kilos...But then i got in to a depression an became bigger and bigger :cry: ....There´s something in my head that says to me that i´m a looser, and that makes me not so happy...
But i wish you all Luck!
Michael P Brunzell

Too many to count

Postby diana28 » Fri May 11, 2007 5:13 am

I had too many days like those
Too many to count
diana28

Return to Weight loss Talk