It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

I need help, I'm so scared

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I need help, I'm so scared

Postby cazar » Wed May 09, 2007 10:38 am

I am in need of some advice and help. I've been putting on weight, I feel out of control and I feel really edgy at the moment. I've tried weight watchers, tony ferguson among other programs and in the last 3 days alone I have bounced back and forth in my head in deciding which program I'm going to do. I started monday deciding that I would work out a routine of what I ate for breakfast, lunch and snacks and then the only meal that would vary would be dinner.
Then the next day I decided to switch to Tony Ferguson because I want to lose weight quickly. then I changed my mind, then this morning I changed again.

I just really want to feel calm with my eating, I dont mind if it takes a little while to lose weight, as long as I feel as though I'm doing the right things and making the right choices. I dont want to obsess about food anymore.

I would like to hear what sort of program people are doing themselves, if you have just made it up yoruself, how did you do it?

Any help at this stage would be a life saver as I'm going out of my mind.

Cazar
[img][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3c7c60/]
[/url]
[/img]
cazar

Postby milkyway » Wed May 09, 2007 11:46 am

Hi Cazar,

First of all, you're not alone!

There are a number of board members doing TF or similar programs with success.

However, I feel that the best approach to weightloss is something that you can maintain in the long term, which is why I'd advocate the slow introduction of healthy eating choices and exercise over any short-term, dramatic quick weightloss strategies that turn your life upside down overnight.

I use a website called Calorie King and enter in the food I eat each day. I used to be perplexed as to why I wasn't losing weight. I soon found out that it was because I was eating waaaay to big a portion size. I still eat the occassional treats but have focussed on eating smaller meals and a more balanced diet - Calorie King also showed me that I wasn't getting enough protein and was eating too many carbs. Love my carbs!!!

Exercise is another key. Even if I'm flat out busy with life, I sill manage to fit in at least 30 mins of walking every day, do sit ups and push ups and tricep dips while watching the telly, go for runs when I can, walk the dog, go to an exercise class or do an exercise DVD.

I think you need to make a list of the pros and cons of each strategy you're thinking of doing and assess which one you think most capable of sticking to.

The other thing to avoid is doing everything all at once, ie quitting all junk food, eating 100% healthy and starting your exercise program at the same time with every intention of 'being good this time'.

Try giving up (or doing) one thing for a week, and see how you go. Say, "no more chockie biscuits this week" or "no alcohol until the weekend after next". Lots of small, achievable goals give you that feeling of success which gives you momentum and before you know it, you're kicking goals and creating some great new habits that will last a lifetime :D Or do TF for a week and not worry about the exercise yet if it's not a regular part of your day.

All the best!
Sandra
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Wed May 09, 2007 12:07 pm

Hi Cazar....firstly I think you need woo back a bit darl and try and get your headspace right. You seem to be tying yourself in knots and instead of working towards something achievable, you are going to end up in the opposite direction!!

Sit down with a notebook and pen and write down all your thoughts...why do you want to lose weight?, how are you going to sensibley achieve it? etc....write it all down and re-read it.....going higgeldy-piggeldy, chopping and changing plans has lead to your frustration at this point in time, so to sit and figure out how you want to achieve weight loss is a great start....If you decide to do TF make a promise to yourself that you are going to stick with it....if you want to do WW, make the same promise....if you choose to do it yourself, take the time to log on to Calorie King as Sandra suggested, if you join their free club, you get meal plans to follow until you are confident enough to 'go it alone'....they work out for you how many calories you need each day to successfully lose weight. But what ever you choose make a conscious effort to succeed!

Personally I use the calorie king software and am a member of their club. It works for me and I am learning that moderation is the key...you don't need to cut out foods, just watch the portion sizing and instead of eating king sized chocolate bars, have small ones etc and I find that I can include treats into my daily eating plan and STILL lose weight!! People are amazed that I am still eating chocolate or having a meat pie from my hubbies work, but still losing the kilos.....but if you stick to your daily calories and do your 30 minutes of exercise each day, you will lose the weight......it is all about being sensible.....

I agree with Sandra that you need to build up on things slowly rather than just changing over night....good habits can be built upon, just as bad habits can be broken......you can do this mate, just don't expect miracles overnight, be kind to yourself and have patience with yourself...if you eat something you shouldn't, don't stress over it, just keep going and learn from it......you will do great and you will lose the weight, just do one really important thing....NEVER QUIT!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Wed May 09, 2007 12:13 pm

Just on a quick note too Cazar I have a lot of low fat and cal cookbooks on hand as well...it helps when you are looking for a yummy recipe!! I have all the Symply Too Good Too Be True cookbooks by Annette Sym and I also have the 2 Weigh Less Naturally Books by Karen Hobbs.....that way I always have some great recipe ideas to choose from..... :wink:
[/url]
Ally

Postby cazar » Wed May 09, 2007 12:18 pm

Thank you so much for both of those replies. They are exactly the kind of logical, down to earth replies that I really needed. I am going to take the advise of both of you. I am going to spend some time this morning writing down why I want to lose weight, and how to change my habits.

Then I am going to log onto the calorie king site and get started. I feel a little calmer already. I have literally been chasing my tail for weeks now and doing my head in AND putting on weight while doing all of that. Not a good way to be!

Thanks again, I feel a lot better and feel as though I can make a calm start to tackling this process.

Cazar
[img][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3c7c60/]
[/url]
[/img]
cazar

Postby Ally » Wed May 09, 2007 12:22 pm

That is great Cazar and remember that we are all here for you if you need us!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:03 pm

hey cazar the girls have already offered really great advice to you. basically programmes like tf and sure slim etc work for some people but not everyone. they basically teach in principle to eat healthy and exercise and you will lose the weight. it sounds like you are getting upset becuase you arent seeing the results quick enough. slow and steady wins the race so they say. small steps lead to big things. you have what it takes to lose the weight just stay motivated :) come online here and someone will always be here to help you through the tough times. this forum has been a big lifesaver for me in the past and will in the future as well. dont be so hard on yourself, if weightloss was easy there wouldnt be so many overweight people in this world. xoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 09, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi Cazar,
seems you have gotten some good advice already. It may be worth doing some relaxation exercises when you start getting worked up, otherwise you might just get yourself worked too far into a tiz and have a panic attack - which is just no good!

I follow my own 'plan' which is very low tech - eat sensibly and exercise more. I found an exercise I enjoy (cycling) and do it pretty much every day and I eat sensibly (not too much bad fats and rich, processed foods - I try to make most of what I eat something that was picked harvested or slaughtered as opposed to collected from a conveyor belt).
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby talia11 » Wed May 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi Cazar,
I am on Lite N Easy for the convienence - it is all calorie controlled already and is a great kick start....It costs me $129 a week for 3 meals a day + snacks for 7 days. I find it fantastic and the weight is dropping off. Perhaps something like this can help you out to begin with and if you do as the girls said and check out Calorie King....hope that helps!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby KimE » Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm

Hey Cazar, plenty of great advice from everyone that's for sure. I don't have much to add apart from wishing you every success on what you do choose. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby dancer » Thu May 10, 2007 12:10 am

Hi Cazar don't despair, you are not alone and a lot of us have been there or are still there.

For me I tried everything, but finally I have come to the realisation that I have to change my thinnking first.

I have read an amazing book by Dr. Rick KAUSMAN which is really helping me to get real about food and just calm down and not think about it everry second of the day.

It has helpedd n\me get back to normal with food not being the central focus point of my entire life.

He has a website check it out:-

http://www.ifnotdieting.com.au

Cheers and best of luck.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby catclawz » Thu May 10, 2007 12:54 am

Yeah i agree with what these other lovely people have said so far.. I am doing weight watchers but am also a member on the Calorie King website, i have found that it is a fantastic tool for keeping track of my foods and exercise. Hope you workout what is best for you.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKGbOOn/]
[/url]
catclawz

Postby Maraver » Thu May 10, 2007 6:15 am

Oh I can relate to everything you say, but what sound advice you have been given
Good luck
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Return to Weight loss Talk