It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Started Tony Ferguson today

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Started Tony Ferguson today

Postby electrongirl » Thu May 10, 2007 2:48 pm

I decided I really needed to do something drastic about my weight as I havn't been going to WW and my eating has been terrible.

So I joined TF today and am determined for it to work!

I have already had one of the shakes and I liked it.

I think this is going to be good for me.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:52 pm

hey nikki its a shame that hayley isnt around to chat to you about tf, she did remarkably well on it and she lives in WA too. i thought you were on WW- i asked in the kate morgan section. hopefully this is the programme that will help you reach your goal weight. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby gea » Thu May 10, 2007 3:02 pm

Hi Nikki, I am also doing Tf, I'm in my 7th week and doing well.

Its a great program if you stick to it of course:)

The first week is the hardest because of the detox your body goes through but it gets much better and you will have heaps of energy!

Best Wishes.
gea

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri May 11, 2007 1:57 pm

Hey Nikki, I've heard some really good things about TF program. A lady at work is doing it and the weight is falling of her (I'm impressed).

I'm actually considering trying it myself because of the good results she's getting and I think it will help me as I'm addicted to bread.

I'll like to hear how you go with it. Best of luck.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby electrongirl » Fri May 11, 2007 8:02 pm

well day 2 and so far so good. I did wake up with a headache this morning, but I took some Nurofen and soldiered on.

Your not supposed to have any caffeine on the plan but there is no way in hell I am giving up my morning coffee. So I just made it with a very small dash of skim milk and splenda.

I am finding I am quite satisfied after my breakfast shake and don't get hungry till about 11, so I have my allowed fruit then lunch at about 12:30, which is soup and salad.

I think I am going to do well on this!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:21 pm

well done nikki- i cant wait to hear about your weigh in :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat May 12, 2007 10:09 am

Good on you Nikki and all the best.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 12:44 am

Well 3 days on this plan and I have decided its not for me.

I have had really REALLY bad headaches and my stomach has been crazy! I have been running to the toilet non stop this afternoon and evening.

I have decided because I have almost 2 weeks worth of the shakes and other things I will use them but not follow the TF plan.

I just can't do it. I have to eat real food, eg carbs.

I understand that it works and that other people have had great success at it, but I have 20kg to lose and I can't see myself lasting on this plan long enough to lose that weight.

So I am going to go back to doing WW and going to the gym.

I feel like such a failure but my husband is so great and he is so happy I'm not doing the TF plan anymore, he thought I was starving myself!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 13, 2007 11:31 am

hi nikki glad to hear that you are being sensible about it all :) you are right, it works for some people but not everyone. why not use the shakes as a breakfast meal until you use them all up. that way you can have them if you are in a rush- which i am sure you are with a child to get ready in the mornings and get urself off to work. im sure you will use them up anyway. will you just go back to WW?
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 12:54 pm

Hi Kate,

Yep, I was thinking the exact thing, using them for brekkie. They are about 3 points each so I could have one and a banana maybe when I am going to work.

I think in the 3 days I did it I have managed to lose about 1kg so I am going to be really good and try not to put it back on!!

And yes I am going to go back to doing WW but maybe not go to the meetings for a while.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 13, 2007 1:48 pm

hi nikki
sounds like a plan :) i know that WW works for a lot of people and it works better for some people if they dont go to the meetings as some people have got a lot of support around them. i am sure you can lose the weight nikki. are u still going to visit hubby's family in the US later this year?
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 1:54 pm

we are hoping too!!

Just a matter of getting the money to go!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 13, 2007 2:00 pm

thats a really good incentive for you to lose the weight. my friends in laws came out from new zealand this week to visit and she has just lost 20kg and they didnt recognise her. she felt great to receive heaps of compliments.
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 2:11 pm

yeah definatley. Last time I saw all his family I was 65 kg so I don't want them to see me like this!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby gea » Sun May 13, 2007 4:24 pm

I think you gave up too soon.

The first week is hard because of the detox and it does get much better.
gea

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk