It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Started Tony Ferguson today

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 4:38 pm

gea wrote:I think you gave up too soon.

The first week is hard because of the detox and it does get much better.

thats your opinion, but I need an eating plan that suits me.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby milkyway » Sun May 13, 2007 4:42 pm

I think Nikki knows her body and especially her lifestyle well enough to know what works and what doesn't :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby gea » Sun May 13, 2007 5:01 pm

I don't think 3 days is long enough to know whether something works or doesn't especially in relation to weightloss.

The detox is a normal part of the program, its horrible I know but all I am saying that it gets better.

To feel bad a few days is nothing in comparison to feeling bad for months or years when being overweight.
gea

Postby milkyway » Sun May 13, 2007 5:16 pm

I'm sure it's more than just feeling bad for a couple of days. TF isn't for everyone.

Not everyone is able to deliberately feel bad for a couple of days or a week - things like having a job where you can't dash to the loo every five minutes or having family resonsibilities that can't be brushed off mean that you just can't do something deliberately to your body like that. Some might argue that you can't NOT afford to take the time out to do it - but I don't believe in detox anyway (done it myself, twice) but that's a discussion for another day.

It sounds to me like Nikki needed some extra motivation as WW wasn't doing it for her for a while, so she tried something else, realised quite quickly it wasn't for her and has gone back to her old plan with renewed enthusiasm and we should support her for that and encourage her to go on with her new plan of WW and gym, not tell her that she gave up too soon!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 13, 2007 6:13 pm

i agree in that yes it does take a good couple of weeks on any programme to get over the withdrawels and headaches and so on, but if you dont feel 'right' on something then you shouldnt continue it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 6:49 pm

Although I shouldn't have to justify myself to anyone, especially someone who does not know me so really shouldn't judge, I will say this:

There are many reasons why I decided to stop doing the Tony Ferguson program.

One of them was the fact that as milkyway mentioned, I can't feel like this while trying to hold down a job, and a family.

Also I sat down with my husband and we worked out that financially we could not sustain the program for long. Its $45 per week just for the shakes plus the fact you have to eat 3 cups of veges min a day etc it can get quite expensive.

I know its a very successful program and works for so many people. But its not for me.

And thank you Kate & Milkyway for your support, that is what this forum is all about!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:02 pm

hey nikki i would love to try something like the tf programme but its the expense involved which means i cannot. even though i reached my goal weight i would have liked to have tried something like that in the beginning. we are on one income and know how hard it is to buy grocery food let alone meal replacements!

im sure you can lose the weight through sensible eating and exercise :)
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 7:04 pm

yeah I didn't even think about how much it was going to cost me until I already started.

You have to buy all the stuff for yourself, plus the same amount of groceries for the rest of the family. So it just wasn't something I could do at this time.

Also I just started a new job and I don't think they would be very happy with me running to the 1 and only toilet we have every 5 minutes!!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun May 13, 2007 7:07 pm

haha... imagine if they charged you every time you went!! when i was in africa there was a toilet at an airport that we had to pay to use :?
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Sun May 13, 2007 7:09 pm

I agree with you about the cost Nikki - when you add up the shakes plus the price of vegies these days it can end up costing you a lot of money. Like you I still have some shakes left over, so I am going to have them for breakfast until they are gone. Hay how is the job going??
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 7:12 pm

Kate, Oh god!! I've heard of places like that!

Sassy, yeah its funny because you think it sounds quite cheap, $3.20 per shake but then you add everything up, I mean I spent $133 when I joined because I bought eveything they told me I should.....

Then I went and spent another $50 on veges that lasted me like 3 days!!

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby gea » Sun May 13, 2007 9:33 pm

I didn't mean to offend you in anyway.

From your original post you said you were leaving because you felt bad on the program and you needed carbs.

I just wanted to point out that it was quite normal to feel that way the first week and that if that was your reason for stopping you should keep going because it gets much better.

Fair enough if you need to stop because of the cost.
gea

Postby BubbleButt » Sun May 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi,

I am on the TF Programme and I was sick as for the first week. I had really bad headaches and my stomach and bowel were going bananas. So bad infact that it inflamed my IBS. So believe me I know how you feel.

For me though, I have gone on sooooooo many diets, lifestyle changes, the works, that I was determined that this one was not going to beat me. After my detox etc, I am having no problems with it at all, even though I still crave my carbs and my chocolate milk.

Yes I agree, TF is expensive and I know how it is when you don't have the funds to keep it up. For me personally I had to make the choice between staying the way I was and becoming healthy again. So I gave up other hobbies and wants and put my money towards TF instead. I know it's not for everyone though.

When I went in to find out about it and if it was suitable for me or not, I was talking to a lady who was waiting to get her weekly weight and some more sachets and she was telling me that she had lost 49kgs in 7 months on the shakes. She showed me a photo of her and her grandkids and I swear it was a different woman. That inspired me to definitely go for it.

I do hope you succeed on the WW plan. I know many women and men that have succeeded on that aswell.

:mrgreen:
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
BubbleButt

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 10:36 pm

gea wrote:I didn't mean to offend you in anyway.

From your original post you said you were leaving because you felt bad on the program and you needed carbs.

I just wanted to point out that it was quite normal to feel that way the first week and that if that was your reason for stopping you should keep going because it gets much better.

Fair enough if you need to stop because of the cost.

I didn't think I needed to justify why I was stopping the program. It's not easy saying that your not financially able to sustain something.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby electrongirl » Sun May 13, 2007 10:47 pm

Just to add also, in my work environment, I can't be sick like I was on TF.

And having only been in the job for 2 weeks, I can't take the time off either. So I had to put my job security first.

The financial side of it was a secondary reason why I gave up. Just because you and others are doing great on the program doesn't mean everyone will.

This is supposed to be a place for support, not a place where you are made to feel bad for making a choice.

Image Image
electrongirl

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk