It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Sweeteners - yet another question :-)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Sweeteners - yet another question :-)

Postby Tas » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:55 am

Ok, I thought you have all been too long with out a question :lol:

For as many years as I remember I have always had a teaspoon of raw sugar in coffee - oh and full milk! But whilst on this journey I am now on low fat milk (it is not the same but I can cope with it) but I can not get used to having no sugar in coffee - having said that I have not indulged in having sugar in coffee since early October - but is there something out there that I can use as a replacement without the calories?

I have done some research on it but there appears to be some dangerous effects of having sweeteners - can any one advise please? I just did a search on Slenda which I was about to go and purchase and it sorta put me off a bit.

Thanks, Yet again :-)

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:57 am

Hi Maria,
I love your questions, you are the one that asks the questions everyone else is too shy to.

Xylitol and Stevia from the health food stores are the only safe sugar free sweeteners I know of.
Fay brought our attention to Xylitol and it seems it may taste better than Stevia.
http://www.sweetlife.com.au/
Mind you I still like a teaspoon of sugar from time to time.
Dolly

Postby Tas » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:12 am

Thanks Dolly - yep, I've never been backward in coming forward with questions 8)

Excellent response too - you know so much about these things - wow!

Gonna take a look at the link now, thanks again...

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Tas » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:22 pm

Hi Dolly

I called in to the health shop and picked up a product using Xylitol called Nu Sweet manufatured by Heavenly Herbs in Victoria - I have had a half a teaspoon in a coffee and it is just like sugar - it even looks like sugar too. So I am one happy duck right now :lol:

Thanks for the link and having that information I was readily armed with info to purchase the correct product.

Cheers

Maria
Tas

Return to Weight loss Talk