It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:08 am

Free Newsletter

Fat and ugly!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Fat and ugly!!

Postby Michael P Brunzell » Fri May 11, 2007 2:44 am

I remember when i was a kid. I could eat everything..But i guess it all comes back to med now :cry: ...At this moment i want to be thin and happy, but i feel so fat and ugly...And there´s nothing for me to do at this point...I have become larger and larger, but my mind keeps telling me that i cannot do anything about it...Please help me!!
Michael P Brunzell

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:31 am

hey michael you need to get out of that mindset. you can achieve anything!! replace those negative thoughts with positive because you need to deal with your mind before you deal with your eating. :) we are always here to chat to you!
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 11, 2007 11:27 am

Hi Michael. Sounds like you need to sort out your self image from your body image because right now you are mixing happy/sad with fat/thin. Which is not right. I'm sure there are many things about you as a person that are admirable, think about them for a minute. Being overweight doesn't make you a bad person, it just makes you a good person that has a challenge to overcome. And guess what, you're doing something about it!!!!! Just being on here makes you admirable because you have 1) recognised a problem and something about yourself that you'd like to improve and 2) are seeking help in doing it! Isn't that a good thing?

Most of us can associate with feeling terrible about how we look at some point, I know I can. But as I lost weight I realised that it was actually changing my mind set which helped me lose weight, not the other way round. My body is still not quite where I want it, but my mind and heart are a LOT further on it's journey to optimum health.

We're all here to support you (and each other) so feel free to come on to get some inspiration or blow off steam or get some support whenever you feel like it - there is usually someone to give you a leg up back onto the wagon again!

Big hugs from all of us
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Cherub » Fri May 11, 2007 4:36 pm

Michael, you can do something about it. You have every right to be happy and healthy (I prefer not to say thin) and you have to believe that. You can make small changes to start with. You don't need to lose heaps of weight, just focus on one week (or even a day) at a time. 1/2 to 1 kg of weight loss a week is healthy. To lose weight, you need to move more and make healthy food choices.

Identify one thing in relation to exercise you can change and do it. You don't need to sign up to a gym and go every day, just find a way to move more. Walk, dance around your kitchen, jump on the trampoline, anything.

Also find one thing in your diet you can change. Maybe have a yoghurt or a piece of fruit instead of your favourite biscuit, or change your icecream to a low fat icecream. Even just reducing your portion sizes by 10% can make a huge difference.

Change one thing each week and before you know it you will be on a healthier path.
Cherub

Postby Michael P Brunzell » Fri May 11, 2007 7:59 pm

Thanks everybody! I really appreciated that...You all made me feel a little bit happier :) ...And that´s worth much to me. Today i have walked for 2 hours in the morning. And i´ve talked to a psychiatrist about my thinking..He set me up for an appointment next week :) . So that´s really a good thing.
Thanks again!

Lots of hugs from me to you!
Michael P Brunzell

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:20 pm

hey michael good on you mate thats a great start. just wondering whereabouts you live? are u in australia?
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat May 12, 2007 10:15 am

Hi Michael. Looks like you are taking great steps already. The walking is fantastic exercise and you body will love every minute of it. So you are already on a journey to a healthier you. Since you are strong enough to come here and admit you have a problem then you are strong enough to overcome it and achieve your goals.

Keep up the great work. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Michael P Brunzell » Sat May 12, 2007 10:27 pm

I live in sweden :) I´ll guess im on my way to lose weight, but i´m not fully motivated yet, but it will come...

Thanks again!
Hugs!
Michael P Brunzell

Return to Weight loss Talk