It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Do I eat enough?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Do I eat enough?

Postby MissE » Wed May 16, 2007 5:02 pm

I'm losely following Weight Watchers but really just eating less and eating healthy.But looking at posts on the WW forum, I realise I'm eating about 10 points less than my 'allowance' but honestly cant concieve of how I could eat 10 more points and lose weight!!
My daily intake is something like this:

Porridge/Rice Bubbles/ Baked Beans and a bit of toast (2-4 points)

Grilled fish with a huge salad including chickpeas/ Chicken and Veg Curry/ Large can of soup (3 to 5 points)

Stew with mash and veg/ Fish with potato and veg/ Curry with rice
(5-6 points)
Maybe some snakatas or a cupa soup, but I'm not a big snacker.

I dont eat fruit at all, and I drink water or soda water and lime juice tea and green tea, one coffee a day, occasionally diet coke..

I dont *want* to eat more food. I'm happy with what i have and I dont feel deprived.

But should I be eating more?
Life is too important to be taken seriously!

Postby MissE » Wed May 16, 2007 5:06 pm

oh, i forgot to add that I walk every day, usually around an hour and also do situps, pushups and now go to martial arts. thats a new development and so my 'exercise bonus points' mean i coule apparently be eating even more!
To me it just seems like WW wants me to chow down a Big Mac on top of my daily food LOL...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!

Postby BubbleButt » Wed May 16, 2007 5:23 pm

LOL.. I could go a bigmac right now.. :twisted:

If I remember rightly from a lecture I was once given about food and exercise is that you have to make sure you "eat" enough energy to sustain the energy you are letting out by exercising. It related to metabolism as well because it can attack your muscles if the fat hasn't been "stimulated" from food.

I could be waaaaaaay off here, but it was something like that. I've had to take some painkillers and I'm not thinking 100% straight. Hopefully someone in here can correct me if I'm wrong. ;)
Created by - Free Calorie Counter

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed May 16, 2007 6:12 pm

hey misse seems ok to me. as long as you have each of every food group in your meals you should be fine. check out the food pyramid if you arent too sure :)

Postby Groovychic » Thu May 17, 2007 8:25 pm

Yep Kate is right about the food pyramid. Remember what we all learnt back in home ec!!! Just make sure you are getting a bit of everything. Your food intake seems fine to me. And if you are feeling fine I wouldnt worry too much about it. Are you losing weight??? If so I certainly wouldn't worry about not eating enough. Just make sure it is at regular intervals and really try to have those snacks mid morning and mid arvo. Eating every 2 - 3 hours is what is recommended. For myself, I find it hard to have something mid morning so I don't tend to eat at that time. Tho I do find it very easy to have the mid arvo snack!!! Good luck with it all.

Keep Smiling!!!

Return to Weight loss Talk