It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Should I see the free naturopath?

No votes
Total votes : 6

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:49 pm

I just got back from the Golden key evening, where I was having a chat with a lady whose hubbie is a naturopath. After hearing today's menu she told me I am not eating enough which is why I put on weight - my body thinks I'm starving. She told me I need to eat more raw fruit and veg and add healthy snacks between my meals and that this will stoke my metabolism and that i shoudln't worry so much about striving for a cosmetic goal, but work on eating and exercising healthily and my body will find it's own healthy level.

She also said I can see her hubbie for advice free of charge. I agree with the idea of losing weight for health rather than looks, as this is my aim. I just wondered whether you think seeing a naturopath will help me get a better idea of how to do this?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Tas » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:35 pm

Well it certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to see him - it will cost you nothing and could well get some advice to help you along to you goal?

I also believe that if you starve your body especially if it is used to having more food then your metabolism will slow down and protect itself, hence, you stop losing weight.

When I first started on this journey early October I went about it all wrong and more or less went on a strict low fat diet - I gained, yes... gained weight! Half a kilo to be exact! Once I joined this forum and received some valuable advice - I ate more - and started losing weight. In fact, I eat more now than I did before, just healthier eating. With a few things that perhaps I shouldn't eat - but am still losing the weight. I am currently working on the 80/20 theory - I stick to a low fat diet 80% of the time and have say some chocolate, or a bacon sandwich once a week.

I have just realised that I have rambled on a bit - might have to get a publisher if I keep on :lol:

But IMHO I would go and see him, you could well come away armed with something very important to you.

Postby Fairie » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:42 pm

I think seeing a Naturopath is good I have been seeing one on and off for the last 15 years. The only downfall is it can be quite expensive.

Postby Dolly » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:44 pm

How wonderful, more information is always better than less.
Even if your doctor finds that the contraceptive or something else was the underlying cause for your weight gain I would still definitely see the naturopath.
I have great faith in naturopaths. I've got a written diet from one of the naturopaths I used to see, I still occasionally go back to his notes.
Becareful that you don't get sold heaps of vitamins though (a few is okay) One time a woman naturopath told me the first visit was free (she failed to mention the $120 worth of vitamins and herbs she'd be selling me)
The naturopath I love and trusted sold me very few vitamins and charged only minimal, he mainly worked on a healthy daily diet for me to follow.

If I were you I'd definitely
go for it!

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:20 pm

I would go . Absolutely . I know of a couple of drs here that work in conjunction with natropaths as they are finding that just conventional medicines sometimes dont work and that they see more results if used with a natropath . I would love to see one myself but due to cost it s very hard
Good luck
Cheers Jules
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Return to Weight loss Talk