It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:09 am

Free Newsletter

Healthy Inspirations

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Healthy Inspirations

Postby MissE » Tue May 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Anyone doing this? I did, a year or so ago and I liked it. It was expensive, I guess, but when I worked out what a gym membership + Weight Watchers meetings was costing me, it actually ended up cheaper and provided both services. It's basically Curves (almost identical set up) plus WW, with the diet plans, thew weighing in, the meetings, cept its 3 times a week...
I'm thinking of going back, when my budget isnt so tight, and to give myself a kick in the butt weightloss wise I'm doing their healthy kickstart this week.

At the moment I'm in a cycle of be good for 2-3 days, stuff up, then binge and undo all my good work, plus some. I'm actually gaining weight at a horrific rate. So yeah. Healthy Kickstart. I find it easy to stick to and lose a good chunk of weight off it and it regulates your digestion and insulin levels and gets you ready for a 'normal' diet.
What it is is 7 days straight where you can eat unlimited amounts of:

Meat - any type including bacon, seafood, eggs etc.

Veges - anything but the starchy ones, so no taties, sweet potato, corn.

Dairy - Cheese, cream, butter but NO milk

Nuts and olives

Drink water and tea or coffee, black or with cream

Alot of people find it hard to do, its basically extreme Atkins, but its not meant to be a diet, its a kickstart that gets you ready for a normal balanced diet.
I happen to love it coz im a carnivore and could live off meat and cheese forever.

BUT no alcohol, or it wont work. So here goes a week with no booze... eeeek...

Anyone else been on it and know what I'm on about?
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:06 pm

ive seen it advertised but didnt really know what it entailed so thanks for letting me know!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Tue May 22, 2007 2:08 pm

I have never heard of it - but let me know how you go because I love my meat as well!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby MissE » Tue May 22, 2007 2:11 pm

Keep in mind that that is just the kickstart, after that week you are on a balanced low fat diet entailing all the food groups. I didnt mean to make it look like that was their diet plan!!
Just that the first week apparently evens out your blood sugar, you dont crave etc, its like a sugar detox and makes 'normal' dieting alot easier.
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:22 pm

cool, i like the detox idea.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue May 22, 2007 10:18 pm

They had healty inspiration in Port Macquarie, because I had never heard of them before I'd never looked into it.
Chelle

Postby bluebox451 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:45 pm

Seems strange that you're allowed cream and butter but no milk. Does it give a reason?
Liz :)
bluebox451

Postby MissE » Wed May 23, 2007 3:22 pm

They told me when i started but buggered if i can remember! i think it might have to do with amount. you would have to be going pretty hard to consume half the quantity of cream or butter that you would easily consume of milk, and milk is actually fairly sugary. So you need the dairy and fat, but they try and keep the quantity way down.
MissE

Postby Chelle » Wed May 23, 2007 4:14 pm

Let us know how you went on it
Chelle

Postby MissE » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:52 am

Ressurecting an old topic coz I'm doing the KickStart again!
I'm in a cycle of lose then eat bad then lose then eat bad... plus I've been drinking alot over the long weekend due to birthday celebrations and all...
MissE

Postby lng86 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:15 am

Let us know how is goes! I'm interested in your thoughts.

Best of luck!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Foreverdieting » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:50 am

Hello MissE,

Do let me know how this goes, I am fascinated by this concept ..... I have read about this before. Apparently the easiest way to master sugar cravings is to give up sugar all together for a couple of weeks .... cravings (like libido :P ) is supposed to reduce and diminish to pretty much nothing if you do not give in to it. With this no sugar thing, I read tht you are not supposed to use even artifical sweeteners ..
I dont know if I am strong enuf to do this yet, but if someone can confirm that this does work, I will give it a shot for sure :) ..
All the best!!
Foreverdieting

Postby MissE » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Well I'm allowed sweetners on this, as far as i know but the no sugar thing can be hard. Lucky for me i looove meats and cheese so i just munch out on things that would usually be 'naughty' when i have the hankering for something I cant have.. a piece of really rich bitey cheese kills a sugar craving coz its so delish!
MissE

Re: Healthy Inspirations

Postby MissE » Tue May 06, 2008 2:01 pm

Here she goes again!! It always seems the same. I try and try to go back on a WW-like diet and just keep stuffing up, then I try this for a week. 2 alcohol free days so far! be proud of me...
MissE

Re: Healthy Inspirations

Postby MissE » Thu May 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Well it seems to be working.. I'm an every day weigher and while I'm not going to say how much I've apparently lost until its been a week, lets just say I'm very happy!
challenge today though. Spending the day/evening at my parents who loooove their carbs and their wine, and they are sure to gave champers as we are celebrating... what to do, what to do!
I had a low fat breakky just in case I do carb it up a bit...
MissE

Return to Weight loss Talk