It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:34 am

Free Newsletter

Advice please

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Advice please

Postby prettyinpink » Thu May 24, 2007 6:22 pm

Hello everyone, I haven't posted for a couple of weeks but know I should have as I think I need the support or maybe a big kick in the behind to get me going. :?

I have lost 2.1 since the first of the month but I know I should have lost more than that and seem to sabotage myself. I know I am a stress/emotional eater, I also know that I have to break the pattern somehow but it is not as easy as it sounds as most of you will already know. When I am upset I seem to go into a trance and just eat, it gives comfort when I need it most even though I don't actually need the food, it is like it just gives my mind something else to concentrate on. Hope this all makes sense.

One of the biggest issues for me is the fact that I start work early (I work for a horticultural company), and I do not eat before I leave home as it sits heavy in my stomach at 4 in the morning and makes me feel ill. Most mornings I drink at least a good litre of water while I am working and I usually have a drink (coffee or a diet shake) around 7 - 8 a.m. and fruit, but sometimes I am hungry and I have raisin toast as well.

Now I know I have to cut out the toast but what can I have while I'm out and about that will stop the hunger and warm my tummy on a cold morning. If it was summer I would not hesitate to have fruit salad for breakfast but even I draw the line at that when I am cold. :wink:

I have been having cuppa soups for lunch and then I have a small meal with vegetables and chicken or meat for dinner, I also have fruit a couple of times a day and I drink heaps of water so what else can I do to help loosen the load.

I have been tossing up trying the kick start diet and see how I go with that, if it will help me get started with a vengence, but I have to admit the thought of the vegies making me go to the toilet all day long puts me off as first of all I have to find a toilet as I go from job to job and sometimes that is not an easy thing to do.

Has anyone done the kick start diet with the soup, if so how did you go?

Thanks for listening. :)

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu May 24, 2007 6:49 pm

hey netta dont be so hard on yourself. well done for losing the weight. it is hard i know what you mean about eating when you arent hungry. i used to stop at service stations on my way home from work at 10pm and eat the whole way home which was 45 mins away and when id get home i wouldnt know where that bag of junk food had gone! it was in my belly!

have you tried those uncle tobys instant porridge sachets? that could warm you up and fill you up. keep some nuts nearby to handful of that if your fruit isnt filling you up. sometimes we think we need more than what we are having when really we are having enough so maybe keep some chewing gum nearby so that you can have that incase you dont know whether you are hungry or not.

keep up with the water- it will be doing you wonders :)

Postby *KaTe* » Thu May 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Hey, I havent tried the diet your talking about...but I do know what you mean with shift work..

I start at 5.30am and 4.30am every 2nd saturday...Before I changed my lifestyle I would run out the door maybe grab a slice of bread and a prima...

Now I make an effort and get up at 4.30am, and make breakfast. I'm not "hungry" but just relax and take the time to eat. That lasts me until smoko, which is at 8am, and i'm still not hungry but can eat. If I ate fruit like you do at my break I would be starving! I think its important to eat a good hearty meal with protein in the morning, especially when getting up so early!

I love Empower foods fibre x cereal...have you tried it?

Good on you for loosing 2.1kgs. Thats awesome. As Kate said dont be too hard on yourself, you'll just make it worse than what it really is. All i can suggest is look at what you are eating and what times you are eating as well.

All the best 2 you! :D

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 25, 2007 10:05 am

it really is important to have something when you arise - I know shift work is a pain in the proverbial, but just a glas of milk or orange juice or a piece of fruit will help start your metabolism for the day which is really important.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Chelle » Fri May 25, 2007 10:49 am

Has anyone done the kick start diet with the soup, if so how did you go?

I have done that 3 years ago it didn't teach me any good habbits i lost 5 kg on it but gained it straight back on

Postby Kadda » Mon May 28, 2007 10:45 am

I went on the kickstart soup diet about 6 weeks ago because I was having trouble loosing the last few kilos to get to my goal weight. I lost 5 kilos, got to my goal weight and have kept the weight off since, I actually liked the soup and still have it for lunch or dinner each day. It also makes you eat more fruit and veggies, which is good for you, and has made me experiment with new foods that I never used to eat before. And I have found that because on the diet you are not eating as much carbs, I feel much less bloated.

Postby Jessie » Mon May 28, 2007 11:56 am

I have been going to the gym 3 times a week for 2 weeks and i havent lost a thing i dont know what is wrong with me :cry:

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon May 28, 2007 1:06 pm

hey kadda

it definately helps with the bloating by reducing your carb intake. there would be carbs in your vegetables too i dont know whether you knew that or not?

there could be a number of factors why you havent lost anything. it could be your food intake or that time of the month etc. post your food diary if you would like some members on the forum to give you a bit of advice :) dont give up :)

Postby MissE » Mon May 28, 2007 1:50 pm

I'm going to add my support to those who say you need to have something to start your metabolismin the morning. Have you tried the liquid breakfast things? they have the equivalent of 2 weetbix in them and give your body soemthing to work with. Your metabolism slows down over night and if you dont eat in the morning it stays sluggish and sleepy til you do..
Life is too important to be taken seriously!

Return to Weight loss Talk