It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:18 am

Free Newsletter

i am in desperate need of help!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

i am in desperate need of help!

Postby kisses2u67 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:23 pm

so i am looking for the best ways to lose weight
cardio/weights/eating i should do
i am looking to lose 30 pounds if possible in 2 months i know thats alot but if i really work at it i think it might be possible
if anyone has advice please telll me!

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:32 pm

after many tried and failed diets the only thing that really works and is long term is healthy eating and exercise and delving into the emotional side of why we overeat.....sounds plain and boring, but it is the truth.... 8)

Postby kisses2u67 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:38 pm

yahh thats so true
but the thing is is that im going to bc in august and i want to wear a bathing suit i am willing to work out lots i actually dont mind doing it but i just need something that will help motivate me but i also need what the right foods i should be eating advice and how much excercise i should be doing

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:19 pm

Hi Kisses,
I did a conversion to kilos (cause I'm like that) and to get to your goal you need to lose 6-7 kilos each month, which is nearly 2kg per week(approx 4lb). I would say that this is possible, although I wouldn't recommend that rate of loss because it would generally only be obtainable by unsustainable means. (If someone checks my maths and finds I am wrong, please correct me!!)

However i sense that perhaps this is for some really important event, like a wedding or something, so I can understand you wanting to up the rate of loss. Have you ever tried losing weight successfully in the past? If so, could you use what you did then as a basis to do it this time?

Basically, to lose fat you will want to increase your cardio exercise (so walking, running, swimming, cycling), and reduce your calorie intake. Try cutting right back on sugars and fats and highly processed foods and stick to relatively natural vegetable grain and LEAN meat sources and reduce portion size. Try to make your carbohydrates complex ones (such as wholemeal grains etc) and stick with Low GI (which basically means cutting out sugars and simple carbohydrates like highly refined flours/breads/cakes etc).

If you are really keen and have the money, perhaps invest in a personal trainer/dietician/weightloss consultant.

DO NOT starve yourself, you will do yourself harm and impede your weight loss efforts.

Hope those tips help - you can also have a look round the site for others

35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:30 pm

Tegan that is good advise.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:17 pm

Image kisses

i hope you lose the weight you would like to lose :) i agree with ally in that healthy eating and regular exercise will help you reach your goals :) best wishes

Return to Weight loss Talk