It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Free Newsletter

I start tomorrow...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I start tomorrow...

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:12 pm

Hi! Well, as I said in my intro, I start Optifast tomorrow. I am excited at the thought of losing weight, but very nervous at the thought of how restrictive this diet is, and also how I will keep the weight off... I know that I cant go back to eating the way that I eat now (and the amount of food I eat now) but hopefully I will be able to maintain my loss. Has anyone tried optifast, or heard any reviews of it? Ive been searching the net and have found a lot of positives and negatives about it..just wondering if anyone has their own opinion? Thanks! :) (ooh I love this forum so much already!)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:00 pm

hey grace there has been a few people here who have done shake - like programmes and have different views on them from their own experience. i think its best to try these things and see if they work for you or not :) i hope it does what you want it to do and that you have much success :) with programmes like this the main thing to remember is to stick to it 100% to see the best results :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Maraver » Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:49 pm

Thats good advice I think people and me included want a quick solution but there isn't one its slow but sure all the way
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby zojo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:01 pm

I just wanna wish you all the best for your journey to weight-loss.

I hope that you get the results that you want..and that you can change your lifestyle a bit to help those kg's to stay off.

I haven't heard of the diet that you are on, personally, I couldn't do the "shakes" thing as I can't stomach yucky tastes (not saying that your's in particular are yech but I'm sure you get my drift LOL) so I steer clear of that sort of thing.

Can't wait to hear how you go tomorrow with it all.

zojo.
xx
START WEIGHT:80kgs
CURRENT WEIGHT:76kgs
6 WK CHALLENGE:76kgs
12 WK CHALLENGE:70kgs
ULTIMATE GOAL:60kgs
zojo

Postby ZelmaWA » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:53 pm

I did an Optifast program a number of years ago and I lost 20kg in a few months, but as soon as I stopped the program I gained that 20 back, and ANOTHER 20, within a short amount of time. My problem was that I didn't put any thought into what I was going to do when I went off the program. I found that I just couldn't live on the shakes anymore so I stopped. I hadn't done any reading about nutrition like I did this time, so I didn't understand what food the body needed and why it needed it. I just went back to my old ways. I also didn't exercise at all at the time, and that didn't help at all.

I would seriously suggest that anyone who does this type of program takes the time to learn as much as you can about nutrition while you are losing the weight so that you are better prepared for when you gradually go off the program. Also consider making exercise part of your everyday routine, starting as soon as you can, so that this is something you continue afterwards as well.

Good luck to you. I hope you do this MUCH more sensibly than I did.

Zelma
Losing weight has given me a "Freedom" that I had never previously experienced as an adult... and I am LOVING it!!!

160kg (2004)... 73kg (2006)... Working on maintaining.

See my photos at: http://www.zelma.neilknobbe.com
ZelmaWA

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:31 pm

i agree with zelma in that you need to know how to continue after the 'shakes, soups' etc have been stopped. a lot of these programmes have maintenance sections for when you have reached your goal weight so theyre quite worthwhile to continue onto the maintenance section once you have finished the shake part :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:58 pm

Good luck Grace and stick around and read up and let us know how you're going - lots of good advice on these forums for what you can do when you're off the program and looking to create a healthier lifestyle - that's what it's all out :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:49 pm

Thanks for the replies guys :)
Yes, I am sooo going to read up on what to do after the weight is lost. I have ben to the library and borrowed 3 books, australian nutrition, dr phil's 7 keys to weight loss frreedom, and fit not fat forever..I also read slimming and weight watchers magazine (passed on from my bestie :) ) so Im hoping this will all help. I have also bought a treadmill this week so I am definately going to incorporate exercise into my life..I just really want to keep the weiight off this time, so I am trying to arm myself with knowledge if ya know what I mean :) Thanks for all the replies !
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:24 am

hey grace i know what you mean. i think a lot of the problem with overweight people is that we arent all educated on healthy eating and nutrition and the benefits of exercise. i used to look at walking as a pain in the butt because why walk just for the sake of it? but now i love getting out and enjoying the fresh air and getting time to think.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:47 am

Kate said

i used to look at walking as a pain in the butt because why walk just for the sake of it?

I know what u mean ,I was in that mindset too for a long time, but now that I dont drive (had an accident and really lost my confidence) I do a fair bit of walking to get around, and u r right, its great getting time to think :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby Ally » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:52 am

Hey Playboy bunny all the best with Optifast matey....keep us updated on your progress!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:00 am

Thanks Ally and everyone :)
I just had my first shake. So far so good. I had the vanilla, and its yummy! Seems to be filling too :) Ill let u know in a few hours though! :shock: lol
Playboy_bunny

Postby Ally » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:04 am

do they thicken up if you leave them sit for a bit?? Or do you have to drink them straight away??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:06 am

uuum it says to just drink it straight away...I made it up with 200 mls water, and 5 ice cubes (I have a bullet blender, best invention EVER! :D ) and it was really thick and frothy :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:15 am

Ok well today is day 2 and Im feeling really crappy! Headaches, dizziness, sweating, freezing cold, STARVING and Im in a grump today! hmmmm hope it passes soon....seeing gp for unrelated stuff on Wed, so I might talk about it then... he wants to take blood and check potassium levels and things, so we'll see! :)
Playboy_bunny

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk