It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Free Newsletter

I start tomorrow...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:13 am

its just all part of the detox and withdrawals :) a couple of people tend to stop programmes like that when those symptoms happen because it doesnt work well for them. are u going to continue?
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:32 pm

lol Ill say yes at the moment! :D Ill have a chat with my gp...cos I really am concerned with how I will keep the weight off when I come off the optifast. I would be just as happy to eat healthy and exercise,(which is what I suggested to gp but he wanted me to do optifast, i think because it gives faster results) so yeah, Ill have a chat with him :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Talking to your GP tomorrow is a good idea. A program such as Optifast could be a great mental kickstart to a weightloss program - you'll prove to yourself that you have the drive and willpower to do this, but finding out what to do in the long term (ie adopting a healthier eating and exercise-filled lifestyle) and working out any underlying causes for weightgain are equally important because you don't want to undo all that hard work and sacrifice... and then some more!

Good luck playboy bunny and I hope you're feeling better soon. Hang in there! Vent here as much as you like :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:17 am

UGH I spent the entire night last night up vomiting and I had the runs... I had the worst pain in my stomach, and if i wasnt single, Id swear i was going to push out a baby :( I ended up writhing and crying myself to sleep with a hot pack on my back, ice pack on my tummy, sitting up with a pillow between my legs :( Worst sleep ever...guess this is detox?? Im going to see my gp in an hour, so Ill see what he has to say....I DO NOT like feeling like this though! (oh btw other than a sore tummy, I feel ok today :) )
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:39 am

lol definately sounds a bit suss to me! to refer to the pain like labour there must be another reason besides detox lol. get it checked out :)
kate_turner2000

Postby yummymummy » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:19 pm

I sounds a bit more than the detox to me, maybe a gastro bug?? Im glad your feeling better today tho!
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:04 pm

hi ppl :)
Well just got back from the gp, who also thinks I have gastro :( (just a bit sicky today) I spoke to him about my apprehension with the optifast (keeping the weight off) so he has agreed to refer me to a dietician, who will hopefully help me out with a healthy eating & exercise type of approach (yay!) lol I have an appt with her next wed, so Im very excited! :D In the meantime I am just going to eat healthy....cant wait till next week! :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:41 pm

hey grave so does that mean you are off optislim altogether? best wishes for the dietician, make sure you get what you paid for!
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:00 pm

hmmm yes kate, I hope I get my money's worth from the dietician ($95!!! Single mummy, so I really cant spare it) Im actually unsure if I should go, only financially.Has anyone ever been to a dietician? Is it worth while, or am I just as good to research online and eat healthy/low fat on my own? (and with the help of all you lovely ppl! :D) ill give the optifast to my friend, Kate, who is using the shakes and has done really well with it.
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:46 pm

hey grace yep recently i think it was zoeh? went to a dietician and wasnt treated very nicely... maybe someone can find the post about it. but anyway all is good because some people have found some dieticians to be excellent! be sure to let us know how you go :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:07 am

I will :) Thanks, Kate. Ill do a search and see if I can find the post about zoeh :) thanks!
Playboy_bunny

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk