It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 am

Free Newsletter

I'm doing it the X-Plan way..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm doing it the X-Plan way..

Postby zojo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:24 pm

not sure if you've all heard of it or are doing it..but I'm now well, as of tomorrow anyway LOL..on Week 2 of Xenical.

Tomoz is my next weigh in and it doesn't really bother me if I haven't lost anything yet as I know that it is going to take time.

With the Xenical (for the people that don't know) you need to limit your fat intake to NO MORE than 12gms per main meal + NO MORE than 40gms in any given day.

Xenical is a Weight-loss Tablet that is taken at each main meal to expel (thru the bowel) any excess fat that you eat before it hits the sides (so to speak).

I've been on it for a week now, and I haven't had ANY reactions at all to it..so I guess that means that I'm doing everything correctly.

I am exercising (walking + running on the Treadmill) up to 2 x a day..(I'm currently doing 2 x 15 mins sessions) not sure if that's a good thing but it certainly gets the heart racing that's for sure.

Also every 2nd day I'm doing around 30 sit-ups to help get a firmer tummy (darn Kidlet's :roll: :oops: ) I will eventually increase the amount once I get used to doing them.

I have ordered the Core Secrets Exercise ball + DVD's (not sure if anyone else has these??) plus I've ordered all 5 of Annette Syms' Cookbooks.

I keep an Exercise + Food diary and account for EVERYTHING that I eat and EVERY bit of exercise that I do.

My current weight is a big blehhhh of 86kgs and my Ultimate goal is to get down to a yummy 60kgs (even less if I can..but I doubt it).

I believe that I'm in the right frame of mind to do this..I'm going for the whole Lifestyle change, this includes my family *looks sideways at my DH* as I am sick and tired of feeling like I do.

I really desparately want to get to my goal weight..and I believe that alot of you can help me to achieve this.

Well, sorry for rambling LOL..thanx so much if you've read this far :oops: :lol:

I will post tomorrow as to how my weigh in goes :shock: :oops:

Oh, how do I join a 12 week Challenge?? Is there one going for the month of June yet??

thanx all..

zojo.
xx
START WEIGHT:80kgs
CURRENT WEIGHT:76kgs
6 WK CHALLENGE:76kgs
12 WK CHALLENGE:70kgs
ULTIMATE GOAL:60kgs
zojo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:39 pm

hey zojo thanks for sharing that with us. my sister was on xenical but it didnt change the fact that she continued to eat fatty foods etc and was on the loo all the time. hopefully it works for you the entire time you are on it. it sounds like you are doing the right things with exercising and eating healthy. it really is the key to losing the weight. please keep us updated with your progress :)

kate_turner2000

Postby zojo » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:59 pm

Thanx Hun...ummm..I think it's the fear factor that's made me eat very cautiously LOL..I don't want to be on the loo for the next week from eating something that I shouldn't have.

I'm even too scared to eat any Chocolate Image and that's just not me at all LOL.

If I'm going to spend the big dollar$ on the Xenical, then I'm going to do it properly. Image
zojo

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:58 pm

It sounds like you are doing really well with it! I knew someone doing xenical (but when it first came out a few years back0 and had some embarrassing garting-poop moments at work :) So she decided to go off them.,You sound like you are doing everything right, good on you! :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:59 pm

lol that was supposed to say farting- poop moments, not garting! You will have to bear with me, Im a terrible typer!
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi there,

Sounds like you are going about losing weight the right way low fat, healthy food and exercise. Personally I don't think you need to be wasting your money on the tablets. if you follow a low fat/low GI diet and make most of your meals from the Symply too good cookbook and incorporate exercise you'll be losing the same amount of weight as you would with the tablets. Ally (another member on this forum) has posted some yummy recipes from those cookbooks on this site and she has had some fantastic weight loss success.

I had a friend who went on xenical, she didn’t' stop eating junk food, skipped meals and lived off V's and cigarettes. She lost a lot of weight but as soon as she went off them she put all the weight on plus more. Best way is to do it the slow way so it stays off permanently. Each to their own and whatever works and if this gives you a kick start why not use it.

You sound so motivated, you will get there.

All the best, as Kate says keep us updated on how you go. Hopefully you won't have any horrible side effects.
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Chelle » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:39 am

I have never tried it but my sister inlaw has & she had some terribble bowel moment while she was out, so she went off them. Good luck with zenical let us know how you go.
Chelle

Postby Fairie » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:42 am

Good Luck with the Xenical zojo hope it helps. Sometimes we need something to give us a kick start.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby zojo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:14 pm

Hmmmm I did hear a lot of horror stories before I decided to go on Xenical..which made me quite nervous about considering to do it...but, eating the way that I am, I haven't really had any of those farting-poop problems *pheeewwww..sighs with relief and wipes sweat from brow* and am I glad about that!!

I need all the help that I can get..and if these Tablets work, then that's what I'm gonna stick to for the time being.

Not sure if I mentioned or not, but I have ordered all 5 of the cookbooks from the symplytoogood range and can't wait to get in the kitchen.

Thank you to all of you who have shared your (or other's) experiences regarding Xenical...it's always interesting to read how other people cope.

I hope that I have some luck with it anyway LOL.

zojo.
xx
zojo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:45 pm

enjoy the cook books. i only have one but theyre great!
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk