It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight Watchers

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight Watchers

Postby shelbel » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:53 pm

Hi All,

I just wondered if there was anyone else out there doing ww at home?? Its worked well for me in the past (works even better when i stick to it!) I was thinking of attending meetings, but dont really like the idea of forking out money every week to get weighted! Plus ive been reading some negative comments about it. I dont want to start going then stop because its not for me because then i'll start with the feelings of failure and probably give up.

So any opinions/ stories/comments good or bad would great

Plus is there anyone else out there on ww at home? :)
shelbel

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi :)
I went to ww meetings for a long time (actually Ive joined ww 6 TIMES!!!! :shock: lol) but found them very intimidating, and not for me (hence why I started and quit so often!) but a lot of ppl love them... I have never done ww at home, but I think its quite expensive, isnt it? I guess it just comes down to you. If you think it will help you to stay on track being weighed each week, then do it....I personally dont understand why ppl would pay nearly $20 just to be weighed and then not stay for the meeting. What a waste of $20! lol I thought the meetings (depending on the leader) were pretty good, and often had some good info. Its all up to u though mate :) Maybe wait until there is a free membership giveaway in a mag, and go then? That way you dont need to fork out more than $20 meeting fee, and dont waste too much if u decide not to continue.... hoepfully some ppl have better advice :D x
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby EllyBelly » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi. I first went to weight watchers in November 2005 (yep right before xmas!) and for a person with a lifetime weight problem I found it fantastic. It was the first time I was actually losing weight and understanding why and how.. Up until March 2006 I lost 15kg - but I had to stop because I got pregnant and they don't allow you to stay for obvious reasons.. I was so motivated - for the first time in my life I could actually see me 'being thin'. BUT after I had my baby - I returned and the leader had changed and my outlook had changed and basically I was paying $18 every week and not shifting any weight - but that was my fault.
Anyway - what I am trying to say is - If you are in the right mindset and are ready to knuckle down and follow their plan - it can be life changing - but like any weight loss plan - it does take commitment. I think taking a friend would be great as you can motivate each other.
Anyway - good luck.....
EllyBelly

Postby shelbel » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:46 pm

Thanks for the info, think i'll stick it out at home and see how it goes, i can always start going later if im struggling!!
:D
shelbel

Postby blomby » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:44 pm

hi there shelbe, i have been a member of ww fo nearly 1 and 1/2 years and i found it great to kick start my weight loss but you do get to a point where you have to move to get the weight off (im there) so good luke with your decision.

Rae
blomby

Postby just-lea37 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:49 am

Hi I am not attending WW classes but am following the points plan, I have been to WW a few times so have all the information and books I was doing celebrity slim meal replacement this gave me a great start but life without carbs is very hard!!! So I have started back on the points this week. I like WW because you can eat anything you choose as long as you stay in your allocated points . good luck Lea
just-lea37

Postby electrongirl » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:51 am

I have been doing WW off and on for like 8 years!!

Its a brilliant plan if you stick to it.

I am not going to meetings at the moment because of work, but I want to start going again. I just need to sort out my hours.

I think WW is great and after spending a fortune and starving myself on things like Tony Ferguson etc, I believe WW is also a very healthy & affordable way to lose weight.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby meaneye1 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:41 am

I started WW about 3 years ago and finished 6 months ago... A great program but i'm trying to leave the nest!
meaneye1

Postby Lizzie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:53 pm

Like many of you I have also been to weight watchers and thought it was great at the time - If you have been before and have all the info doing it at home is great as long as you have the discipline and commitment. I found fronting up to the meeting and having the weigh in pretty motivational at the time. I know a friend who had a weekly weigh in at her house. So a few friends went around and weighed in which kept the pressure and support up without the cost. Of course I didn't join because I was too embarrassed about how much I weighed....
Lizzie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtExczz/]
[/url]
Lizzie

Postby shelbel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:04 pm

Im finding my ticker to be good enough motivation at the moment! I keep thinking 'gotta get the ticker moving, gotta get the ticker moving'! Its like a mantra!
I was wish i could have an at home weigh in, but all my mates are size 12, and under!! None of them need to shift any weight and i think my partner has heard all the pledges in the world about me losing the weight!! So im going it alone, with the help of everyone on the forum of course!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:10 pm

Thats it shelbel :)
You are NEVER going it alone.. You have us :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:41 pm

yep gracie is right shelbel, even though we arent there in person you know we have you in our thoughts and want you to get healthy and happier :)
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Thanks guys!!!!! :lol:

It really does make a difference when you can talk to people going through it as well!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Lizzie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:23 am

Exactly - you have all of us.
Lizzie

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtExczz/]
[/url]
Lizzie

Return to Weight loss Talk