It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:57 pm

Free Newsletter

what do you like/dislike about the new/old you?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

what do you like/dislike about the new/old you?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:17 pm

was just curious to see what people LIKE OR DISLIKE about themselves once they have lost weight or what they LIKED OR DISLIKED about who they used to be?
User avatar
kate_turner2000
 
Posts: 13910
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:28 pm

well 8 kilos into it i am already loving it lol... i look slimmer and feel much more confident and i can fit into some items of clothing i couldnt do up before!! i want to lose roughly andother 15 to 17 kilos.... and then see how i feel.

i dislike: my flabby tummy and thighs, my second hello (the flab under my arm, when u wave it waves too :P)
and also my face, i would love a thinnner face- no double chin in ohotos for me!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
Image
grugwashere
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: melbourne

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:28 pm

what about u kate?
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
Image
grugwashere
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:16 pm
Location: melbourne

Postby just-lea37 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:16 pm

The things I hate about being overweight are not feeling confident!!!Always self doubting myself I have lost 30 kilos twice before in my life and everytime I have ppls always comment how confident I became, sooooooooo I will loose this weight and I will become confident lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
just-lea37
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:51 pm
Location: brisbane

Postby blomby » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:51 pm

when i was bigger, people would always ask me if i was pregnant and i hated that.

now i think the worst thing about my weight loss is you really notice if you put on a few kgs, you feel it in your clothes, but thats not a bad thing, i guess at least im slimmer

oh and another thing is i still reach for larger sizes when i go clothes shopping.

Although i have no regrets, and feel much better about myself and my health.

Over all it hasn't changed who i am

I hope i havent gone off the subject too much, im just rubbishing on.
blomby
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:46 pm

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:43 pm

blomby wrote:I hope i havent gone off the subject too much, im just rubbishing on.


no its great to read these types of things i think :) thats why i started the topic :)

i think i am still getting to know the new body i am in jo :) i underestimate myself sometimes when it comes to trying on clothes. i go for the bigger sizes first- but i like that i have to put them back on the rack and get smaller sizes.

i still find that even though i am a bit more confident in myself i find that i still have self esteem issues.

as strange as it sounds, i liked the fact that when i was my biggest (91kg) i felt safer and i think that was from the comfort of food and wearing big clothes i could hide myself.

but i definately enjoy my new body and feeling better in myself- feeling healthier.
Image
User avatar
kate_turner2000
 
Posts: 13910
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby BubbleButt » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:08 pm

I probably shouldn't answer this today because I'm not exactly in a very good mood but I gotta get it off my chest somehow.

I still have a long way to go with my weight (57 odd kilos to be exact) and I have a lot of issues with the way I look and feel. I used to be very outgoing and loved to have a laugh with friends and family, now I find I am more of a hermit crab than anything else because I don't feel comfortable out and about in the world with the way I look.

I have had the "how far along are you?", "how much longer do you have?", "do you know what you are having?" questions more than once and surprisingly they didn't seem to bother me much. What got me was going to school one day to pick up my stepdaughter and hearing her stand up for me against the kids in her class. A 6 year old shouldn't have to do that and it broke my heart.

I don't like the way I look and won't look in a mirror at all, except to do my hair which takes no time at all because I either leave it down or pull it back in a ponytail. I don't go and buy clothes unless absolutely necessary and it had been over two years since I bought clothes although I ended up having to buy some new jeans on Friday just gone because I hardly had any denim left on the one pair I had that fit me from the constant wear. Good thing tho was I didn't have to go up a size, although I would of like going down a size.

I don't like how unfit I am and how I'm tired after a few hours of being out of bed. I don't like that I'm not going to be able to have a child of my own because of my weight and I hate how I can't keep the willpower going to lose the weight I need to feel healthy and be healthy. I want to be able to like myself again and be happy with myself. I just know it's going to take me a very long time to get where I want to get to.

On a good note tho, this forum has helped me immensely and I know that I can do it this time. I can get the weight off and I can become the new me! :)
Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
User avatar
BubbleButt
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 9:05 pm
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:43 pm

I love my new body and being able to buy size 9/10 clothes (mum even gave me an Esprit polar fleece jacket that's a size XS!!!!), I love that I can walk into any store and there be something in my size, I love that my boobs have shrunk so I can fit into a size 12C now!

But I hate my boobs as well now :( They're soo saggy baggy :( I mean they weren't great before the weight loss but now... Urrrgh.. I want a breast lift so bad! But then I tell myself "That money you spend on a breast lift can get you to London", and the idea just goes out of my head completely!!

Oh, and I love being hit on by guys now and actually feeling confident and like I look decent when I go out!!! :D
zeedeveelgirl
 
Posts: 2925
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:53 pm
Location: Adelaide, SA

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:48 am

hey bubblebutt

man i can totally relate to the things you said in your post about not looking in the mirror, and feeling so tired when you have only been up a few hours etc. i still dont like looking in the mirror at all its quite depressing due to stretch marks and excess skin (apron) since childbirth etc.

you will reach your goals and you will have a baby of your own and it will be so worth it. its much easier being a healthier and fitter mum than an obese unhealthy mum. i was big when i had heidi and find it so much more easier to get around and do things now.

chin up mate
Image
User avatar
kate_turner2000
 
Posts: 13910
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby Maraver » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:10 pm

BubbleButt wrote:I probably shouldn't answer this today because I'm not exactly in a very good mood but I gotta get it off my chest somehow.

I still have a long way to go with my weight (57 odd kilos to be exact) and I have a lot of issues with the way I look and feel. I used to be very outgoing and loved to have a laugh with friends and family, now I find I am more of a hermit crab than anything else because I don't feel comfortable out and about in the world with the way I look.

I have had the "how far along are you?", "how much longer do you have?", "do you know what you are having?" questions more than once and surprisingly they didn't seem to bother me much. What got me was going to school one day to pick up my stepdaughter and hearing her stand up for me against the kids in her class. A 6 year old shouldn't have to do that and it broke my heart.

I don't like the way I look and won't look in a mirror at all, except to do my hair which takes no time at all because I either leave it down or pull it back in a ponytail. I don't go and buy clothes unless absolutely necessary and it had been over two years since I bought clothes although I ended up having to buy some new jeans on Friday just gone because I hardly had any denim left on the one pair I had that fit me from the constant wear. Good thing tho was I didn't have to go up a size, although I would of like going down a size.

I don't like how unfit I am and how I'm tired after a few hours of being out of bed. I don't like that I'm not going to be able to have a child of my own because of my weight and I hate how I can't keep the willpower going to lose the weight I need to feel healthy and be healthy. I want to be able to like myself again and be happy with myself. I just know it's going to take me a very long time to get where I want to get to.

On a good note tho, this forum has helped me immensely and I know that I can do it this time. I can get the weight off and I can become the new me! :)


I like you.............. :lol: you remind me of me, lets meet for coffee
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
Image
[/url]
Maraver
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 5:56 pm
Location: Adelaide

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:26 am

Hey Bubblebutt I hear you loud and clear darl!! I don't go out much either....I get sick of being treated like I have disease or being laughed at or having comments made....where do these people get off?? Fortunately my kids are at a great school and although some of the kids poke fun, generally they are really good and my daughter is in grade 7 and has come home on more than one occassion and said how they think I am "cool" ( :D ) but on the whole I am at home.....I have shops that I refuse to go into because of the way I have been treated by some people!! :?

This forum is great and I get withdrawals everytime I am away from it for extended periods of time.....you will always find at least one person (usually a whole lot more :wink: ) who has either been there done that, or is going through it and it does make you feel like you are not alone.........

I won't focus on my dislikes about my bod or I will be here forever, but I know I am a work in progress and the things I detest will soon be overtaken :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
Image
[/url]
Ally
 
Posts: 4799
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:23 am
Location: Rockhamtpon, Central Queensland!

Postby vanessa0305 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:27 pm

Good things about loosing weight...

I can buy clothes anywhere, I am now a size 10-12 and love it.

I have a lot more confidence most of the time.

My husband loves my new body!

I don't feel like a fraud when I buy sports clothing anymore

I am looking forward to doing new fitness classes at the gym and am not worried about standing out.

I am eager to go hiking or enjoying more active holidays.


Bad things about loosing weight....


I still see myself in the mirror as a fat person and will often get depressed when I look in the mirror because of how fat I look. I always reach for the bigger clothes and then have to remember I will need something smaller.

I have lost my desire (I am now taking wyld for woman and that seems to be helping)

I notice all my faults a lot more (my teeth are awful, my scars and stretch marks are terrible)

I am terrified of food and always worry about the statistic that says that only 5% of people who lose more than 10% of their body weight keep it off. I have awful guilt when I endulge even if its something small like normal grained bread instead of low carb or high gi fruit.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
Image
[/url]
vanessa0305
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:30 am

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:53 pm

Ally wrote: .....you will always find at least one person (usually a whole lot more :wink: ) who has either been there done that, or is going through it and it does make you feel like you are not alone.........


hehehe like me!!
User avatar
kate_turner2000
 
Posts: 13910
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:21 pm

I agree with you Vanessa about noticing "faults" alot more now that I have lost alot of weight! I guess when I was bigger I obviously didnt care as much about my appearance, but now its full on! I try to block it out though, and focus on the positives.

I am still in the process of loosing more weight, but this is how I feel at this point in my weight loss:

GOOD THINGS:
* I dont turn to food anymore to comfort me emotionally..or when im bored...Even though I may think about it, I dont physically go go to the cuboard and start eating. Whereas back in the day I wouldve had a mini argument in my head then wouldve given in and eaten lots and lots of food!

* I have never felt better in my life. I do shift work, and can easily wake up at 4.30am or 3.30am and have plenty of energy throughout the day.

*I'VE LEARNT TO COOK! Ha ha, didnt know how to cook much before hand, but now im a pro!

*I'm now educated about food and exercise which is important!

* I put in alot of effort with my training, and find that I can get pushed to limits I never thought possible.

*I am more positive, im not sure this is from weight loss so much, but more from learning, growing and becoming more aware of how precious life is and how much I want to be the best Kate I can be.

BAD THINGS:

*Have been thinking lately how back in the day I used to eat so much crap food and not think twice about it. I feel I miss just going and eating whatever I wanted! But then I think back to how crappy I felt, and how crappy I looked!

Right now I cant really think of any other negative things, overall Im feeling 10 times better, am looking better and excited about reaching my goal. Yes I would love to pig out on all the yummy stuff, but I guess Im strong minded and am focused on what I want out of life! :D
Image

SMILE!!
User avatar
*KaTe*
 
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:33 pm
Location: Melbourne!

Postby shelbel » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:51 pm

Im rediscovering my hip bones!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
User avatar
shelbel
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Perth

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest