It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Free Newsletter

so depressed :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

so depressed :(

Postby milo » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:08 pm

So I havnt been on for a while and I keep coming back on saying this is it, this is it.. But to be honest I havnt started again :oops: I dont understand what is happening. I want nothing more in this world but to lose 10 kilos and all I think about is that but all I am doing is eating. And when I say eating I mean eating anything I can get my hands on... Mcdonalds, chips, chocolate and no healthy food. I am basically bingding and making a pig out of myself.

Why is this so if I really want it so bad? I have nearly been reduced to tears just thinking about it..

I have gone from 75kg to 83kg and I cant even do up my work pants anymore :? :? :?

Please help me.
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby EllyBelly » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 pm

Hi Mel,
I have been on that same train for the last 4 months. I have a wedding on the 30th June and 6 months ago i told myself I was going to lose 20kg by then. Well the wedding is 3 weeks away and I've managed to put on 3kg!! I think I did everything in my power to sabotage my own goal.. I always seemed to find an excuse for not focusing on my weight loss. But last week I sat myself down and I said - "Listen here girl..! It is time to knuckle down and put yourself and your goals first. No more excuses!" Well that was on Friday and since then I have gone for a walk every day and cut out my margarines & oils. Nothing too drastic - just baby steps. Anyway - I guess what I am trying to say is I know how you feel and I wish you luck.
Cheers
Ely
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wssXc2p/]
[/url]
EllyBelly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:59 pm

hey mel

i really feel for you mate. i know how hard you are finding it and i know you are giving it your best shot when you are following through with your healthy eating a exercise. instead of looking at it as 10kg to lose why not look at it as 10 lots of 1kg. take 1kg at a time. perhaps reward yourself with something material once you have drop each kilo. just not food. it is hard to say no sometimes but i found that was the only way to build up my strength when i am around food. it time to not get upset about it but turn it into a positive. one day at a time and 1kg at a time. you CAN do this. lots of positive reinforcement and praise yourself for good choices.

we are always here and you have me on your msn :)
love ya!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:31 am

Hi Mel....losing weight is certainly a hard road and I know exactly where you are coming from....having started, stopped, started, stalled, stopped and restarting (yes it is a vicious circle) I found I was piling too much guilt on myself by beating myself up and "starting again"...The last few weeks I have been focusing more on "me" than weight loss to try and get my headspace right. I have gone right back to basics and taken my own advice that I
have given others, but not quite followed through with myself....I have started writing all my thoughts down...why do I want to lose weight?? how am I going to sensibley achieve this?? how is losing weight going to change my life?? The important thing to remember is losing weight is not going to change our lives as in "if I lose weight my relationship will improve", but it will help us to be more confident in ourselves and improve our overall health dramatically.

One of the most important things I have discovered for me is that I don't "start again", I have realised that this in itself can be very harmful. I just continue on the weight loss journey I am already on and put it down to a "learning" experience...I found that by 'starting again' it helped to feed my insecurities and added more burden to the 'never finishing anything' issues that I have to face. Every time I "failed" and then "started over" I would soon "fail" again....you would be amazed how little things like this affect our journies!!

I think the best advice I can offer you is to be true to yourself, write down everything that passes your lips, work out why you want to lose weight, and just keep trying until you find something that works for you matey....it is not easy, but just never give up completely and never think that you have failed if you eat too many "treat" foods......

Calorie King offer a University that takes you through a 13 week course of different aspects of eating/binging/exercise the whole works really....you just sign up for their online club (it is all free) and you can access the university and a whole range of articles as well that help with just about every issue we face whilst trying to lose the flab!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Roar2Life » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:24 pm

Whatever you do don't give up.

It's just like the old saying goes...when you fall off the horse you've got to get back up on it.

Try setting some smaller short term goals and then some bigger long term goals. Some people also find a 'motivation board' helpful. Put whatever you want on it. Perhaps some of you fav quotes and then a pic of you now and a pic of someone you would like to look like in a certain amount of time.

All baby steps add up to big steps so just keep going.
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby milo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:23 pm

OK so I am getting back on the wagon again tommorrow. I am also giving up smoking as well so lets hope its a fresh new start.

Tommorrow we are going shopping and I plan on getting heaps of healthy food and I am planning to stick to it :!:

I am trying to think of idea's for food. this is what I got so far and please let me know of your suggestion

LUNCHES-
:arrow: salad and 1000 island dressing
:arrow: ww crukits with tuna and corn, or vegimtie or different spreads
:arrow: seasame seed cruskits with tomato or tuna and corn
:arrow: mountain bread or leb bread with ham and salad toasted wrap (can u frezze mountian bread?)
:arrow: soups
:arrow: toasted sandwiches with cheese and tomato or other fillings.

SNACKS-
:arrow: musli bar
:arrow: yougurt
:arrow: fruit
:arrow: rice cakes
:arrow: rice crackers
:arrow: hand ful of nuts
:arrow: ww cruslits

BREAKFASTS-
:arrow: musli
:arrow: toast with spread
:arrow: scrambled eggs and toast
:arrow: muffin or crumpets
:arrow: fried egg with cooking spray on toast

so what eles can i eat I dont like fancy foods at all

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:14 pm

what about dinners mel? what you have put sounds fine. dont forget to drink lots of water too. well done on giving up smoking i hope it goes well for you mate :) keep us updated :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:21 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:what about dinners mel? what you have put sounds fine. dont forget to drink lots of water too. well done on giving up smoking i hope it goes well for you mate :) keep us updated :)

Kate I am keeping dinners the same, like having stir frys, salads, soups, fish and vegies that kind of stuff :D I dont have your msn anymore coz my pc crashed a while ago. If you want msg me and we can chat

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:36 pm

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby *KaTe* » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:50 pm

Ally wrote:Hi Mel....losing weight is certainly a hard road and I know exactly where you are coming from....having started, stopped, started, stalled, stopped and restarting (yes it is a vicious circle) I found I was piling too much guilt on myself by beating myself up and "starting again"...The last few weeks I have been focusing more on "me" than weight loss to try and get my headspace right. I have gone right back to basics and taken my own advice that I
have given others, but not quite followed through with myself....I have started writing all my thoughts down...why do I want to lose weight?? how am I going to sensibley achieve this?? how is losing weight going to change my life?? The important thing to remember is losing weight is not going to change our lives as in "if I lose weight my relationship will improve", but it will help us to be more confident in ourselves and improve our overall health dramatically.

One of the most important things I have discovered for me is that I don't "start again", I have realised that this in itself can be very harmful. I just continue on the weight loss journey I am already on and put it down to a "learning" experience...I found that by 'starting again' it helped to feed my insecurities and added more burden to the 'never finishing anything' issues that I have to face. Every time I "failed" and then "started over" I would soon "fail" again....you would be amazed how little things like this affect our journies!!

I think the best advice I can offer you is to be true to yourself, write down everything that passes your lips, work out why you want to lose weight, and just keep trying until you find something that works for you matey....it is not easy, but just never give up completely and never think that you have failed if you eat too many "treat" foods......

Calorie King offer a University that takes you through a 13 week course of different aspects of eating/binging/exercise the whole works really....you just sign up for their online club (it is all free) and you can access the university and a whole range of articles as well that help with just about every issue we face whilst trying to lose the flab!!

Awesome post, very well said! Good on ya :D

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:51 pm

LOL if i had my partner cooking for me each night id be as thin as a rake because his food is gross haha.
kate_turner2000

Postby emma21 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:08 am

kate_turner2000 wrote:LOL if i had my partner cooking for me each night id be as thin as a rake because his food is gross haha.

Me too! Or due to his lack of cooking all together, I would starve :lol:
emma21

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:13 am

Hi Mel just a quick squizzy at your food ideas they look great, but go careful with the 1000 island dressing it can turn a healthy salad into a fat laden meal...can you get a reduced fat one?? Again with muesli bars check the sugar content...they can be low in fat, but the sugars are through the roof!!

You can freeze mountain bread however I probably would freeze it for any longer than a month.... :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:10 am

Ally wrote:Hi Mel just a quick squizzy at your food ideas they look great, but go careful with the 1000 island dressing it can turn a healthy salad into a fat laden meal...can you get a reduced fat one?? Again with muesli bars check the sugar content...they can be low in fat, but the sugars are through the roof!!

You can freeze mountain bread however I probably would freeze it for any longer than a month.... :wink:

Thanks Ally, The mountain bread would be gone in a week anyway, There so yummy

Unfortunatly hubbys cooking is great, so maybe thats why I am not thin lol

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk