It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Free Newsletter

so depressed :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby KimE » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:20 am

LOL know exactly where you are coming from Mel, my hubby is also cooky. Although these days I often make my own dinners or have a much smaller serving of whatever he is making. He still doesn't quite get the idea that I only need about 1/2 what he has.

Food ideas look good and I agree with Ally watch the dressings and get low fat versions where you can. You can add more cereals to your breakfast and remember to stick to the 'serving size' for mueslis as they are often heavier than other cereals and have a higher fat content although if it's coming from nuts and seeds it will most likely be 'good' fats.

It's not an easy road Mel but worth it. Do the best you can girl, that's all you can ask of yourself. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:06 pm

Yeah you are right there Kim...I forgot about the muesli...I think it is something like 3 tablespoons (measured ones, not just a spoon from the drawer) is a serve of muesli where as it can range from 30g-45g for a serving of cereal...ooh and beware of the toasted mueslis... :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:43 pm

Ally wrote:Yeah you are right there Kim...I forgot about the muesli...I think it is something like 3 tablespoons (measured ones, not just a spoon from the drawer) is a serve of muesli where as it can range from 30g-45g for a serving of cereal...ooh and beware of the toasted mueslis... :wink:

Thanks for that tip. I will add yougurt to it so I dont eat to much of it

I just went shopping and ate crap... Tommorrow we are doing a major clean of the house and heaps of excerise so I cant wait. My mind is set to do it now :D
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:42 am

Todays the today everyone. I am feeling quiet good about it. I have decided just to make small changes and continue this so its not all gone in one huge bang.

I also had a smoke this morning :oops: I am so scared I cant give up.. I am more worried about tommorrow morning when I wake up because I usually go outside and have one before I leave for work..

I thought it would be a good idea to start writing like a jounral on my weight lose and smoking progress. I started this, this morning, it felt great writing how I was feeling down, so hopefully I will keep that up.

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby KimE » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:52 am

Writing journals are a good way to keep you on track. You will also be able to see your weaknesses and strengths and anywhwere improvement is needed.

Best of luck.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:59 am

Thanks Kim, I appreciate all the help you guys give.

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:14 pm

Oh no I had another one :? :shock: :twisted: :evil: :roll:

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:12 pm

hey mel

mick (fiance) has also given up smoking. this is his 3rd week and he has had 1 smoke in that time. he is on the patches though and he has found that he puts one on straight away in the morning when he gets up. thats the hard part he reckons are the mornings. he saw that ad where the woman is feeding her hubby who has had a stroke and how he has a daughter and stuff and he said that really hit home to him. no other ad or picture has ever done that but he knows he doesnt want something to happen where he will leave me and heidi alone or have to deal with something like a stroke. he owes us more than that. put it this way, do you want to live a longer life with your hubby and see your children grow up? you CAN do this mate, try and suck on a mint or the vicks vapour drops are good, and keep yourself busy.
kate_turner2000

Postby milo » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:42 pm

Well I just got bustered having one and lets say it wasnt pretty. Lucky I dont have any left :oops:

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Monica » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:55 am

I have read this book which is really good, it called 'If not dieting then what' it is all about making lifestyle changes, I am also seeing a dietitian. The have studied this stuff and they know what they are talking about... You take your car to a mechanic if it is broken - why not try a dietitian for yourself... (Not saying you are broken :? )

Mine is really good, she's in Eltham Victoria if you are interested in her details...

P.S. try not to feel too bad, I fell bad for you and wish I could give you a hug... just by being on this forum you are taking a positive step to finding a healthy relationship with food. :)
Monica

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk