It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie here! Great with eating, horrid with exercise

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:39 am

Shelbel is right, if you break your exercise up into doable amounts, its just as effective as doing it all in one go :)

Postby Niglet » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:42 am

That's really great to here. Makes one feel a lot less guilty about only being able to go it a few minutes at a time :D

That's one awesome thing about having a slow internet connection; you can jog on the spot between page loads ;)
I believe in the madness called "now".

Postby KimE » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Niglet

I started off by simply walking and found I really enjoyed it. I walked during my lunch break as I have an hour and now I still do most of my exercise during my lunch break during the week with some extra thrown in at nights if I am up to it and at weekends. I find I now love to walk so it's not a difficult thing for me a I also think of all the good things exercise does for my body and that keeps me going. Especially when you start to see and feel the difference eg. not so tired all the time, able to move more without getting so puffed and feeling my muscles firm up (love that one!). After walking for a few months I felt I could do more and progressed to adding strength training and from there joined a gym.

I made things work for me so I can exercise all year round. I have warm gym clothes to go for walks in when it's cold. I have DVD's at home for when it rains so I can still do something and the gym I now go to is about 4 mins walk across the road from where I work.

Try lots of different things and find out what works for you and what you enjoy.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Return to Weight loss Talk