It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:13 pm

Free Newsletter

protein bars that have helped me and my friend lose weight

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

protein bars that have helped me and my friend lose weight

Postby jacka » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:47 pm

My friend and I have both been eating the Slim Secrets protein bars that are displayed on the products page of this website for a few months now. We eat them as a snack between meals especially late in the afternoon or night time when the bingeing usually starts. They are low GI and high in protein which I think helps fill us up and it also stops us from eating high calorie snacks which we both used to eat at those hard times. I cannot believe how they have helped both of us with weight control without feeling like we deprive ourselves. I think that is because they actually taste good unlike other similar products. We have also been walking together 3x a week even when we don't feel like it we push each other. I just wanted to share these products with you in case they may help others like they have with Gabi and myself.
jacka

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:53 pm

thats good advice jacka :) sounds like you are doing well :)
kate_turner2000

Postby jacka » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:49 pm

Thanks Kate for your encouragement.
Roland I had a look at your website and it looks very informative so thanks for pointing it out.
I just wanted to let you know that my eating habits are very normal but it is the snacking bewteen meals that was my big problem. Now that I am able to control that snacking without it turning into a binge my weight control is much easier.
jacka

Postby sassi » Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:26 pm

i'm a bit late here, but rather than start a new thread i just wanted to add to the praise for the slim secrets protein bars. i had my first one today & it was really nice. i also liked the fact that it was low in calories as i'm only on 1200 calories a day and i like to use them wisely!
sassi

Postby twinkleStar » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:03 pm

Hello everyone..well I am glad for you!!!I live on junk food and I love it! I know I should eat healthy but it is difficult with my lifestyle.hello everyone...well I have a wonderful life. My parents do everything for me. The only problem I have is that my dad sometimes makes fun of my weight (116 lbs.) in really stupid and unnecessary ways but I can deal with that.
I am desperate in losing weight…I'm frustrated by my weight ,people make fun of me and I've lost interest in everything…I suffer from inferiority complex. I am really sad and I want to lose weight because I think that this is the only solution for me to feel better.I was surfing on the net recently to search for something which will help me and found about Detox Drops.Referring to what I read, it seems that it really helps in losing weight. I have checked with a doctor to find out if doing it is safe for me and he said that there is no problem.
Well, I only want to know if anyone has ever used it and if it has worked for them???I just want to be sure about the effectiveness of the product….I would like to have some feedbacks from people who has used this product...please...
twinkleStar

Postby Niglet » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:50 pm

116 pounds? Dude, that's TINY!
I believe in the madness called "now".

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQdQcaI/]
[/url]
Niglet

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:51 pm

Yeah..thats about 55 kgs right??
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:54 pm

It sounds to me like you are not wanting to lose weight for yourself, just so that people will stop picking on you, or so that your life will be better...thats not the way to think, at all...if you want to lose weight for yourself, then thats a different story, but it sounds like you are doing it for other people...weightloss is not the cure to life's problems, weightloss only fixes weight, not life...55 kg is very small, are you in your healthy weight range?? If you are, I would suggest rethinking the weightloss thing and looking at some self esteem/personal developement work instead :) (((HUGS)))
Playboy_bunny

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:56 pm

Doh forgot to say that the above post was to twinkestar, and that I have never heard of detox drops here in australia xx
Playboy_bunny

Postby twinkleStar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 pm

Hello everyone...well I thank you all for your support.Anyone of you can advise me on how to lose weight??I am relly fed up of these kgs who are in excess... :oops:
twinkleStar

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:26 pm

lots of exercise and cutting out junk food :) fresh is best so eat lots of vegies and lean meats. id aim to exercise about an hour a day :) and drink at least 2 litres of water a day
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:14 pm

Im sorry twinklestar, I dont want to offend you at all or keep harping on about it, but on your ticker it says that your BMI is going to be 13 when you get to your goal. Healthy guidelines say that a BMI of 18 is the absolute minimum weight that you should be. A BMI of 13 would qualify as extremely underweight, anorexic even. I only say this out of concern, but I really suggest you look into self esteem rather than weightloss! I Found some info for you-
A BMI between 13 and 15 corresponds to 48 to 55 percent of desirable body weight for a given height and describes the lowest body weight that can sustain life.
BE CAREFUL!
Playboy_bunny

Postby jacka » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:41 pm

Twinkle star I have to agree with Gracie. Once you start to learn to like yourself you may be amazed to see that you are the perfect weight right now or at least close to it. This is easier said then done but with the help of the right support group it can happen.
Sassi I am glad you enjoyed the Slim Secrets bars I mentioned and yes they have a very balanced nutritional panel which I like.
I have one sitting next to me at my computer as I am typing as the Afternoon Snack attack time has just hit!
jacka

Postby SarahC » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:01 pm

Wow a BMI of 13... maybe it's a mistake?? :?

Twinklestar, I was about your weight (55kg/120lb) which was about a 21 BMI, and I felt absolutely disgusting!! None of my clothes fit me at all - I couldn't wear anything apart from track suit pants!

But the thing is when you tell people how much you weigh they think you're crazy for wanting to lose weight. They can't understand what the problem is.

Also the smaller you are the harder it is to lose the weight (generally!). I worked my a** off to get rid of just 6kgs. I did the low carb thing, and excercised myself silly lol. It worked though and the weight hasn't come back.... yet!

Good luck with it :wink:
SarahC

Postby dragonfly » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:49 pm

sounds good. I might ahve to go check them out myself.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk