It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Old Habits

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Old Habits

Postby shelbel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 pm

I was at work today, going about my business and walked into the kitchen, opened the biscuit tin and had scoffed down 2 before i even realised what i was doing! Its was weird because i wasnt even hungry, i didnt even want to eat them, i just did it out of habit i guess. So im a tad bit peeved at myself that i could eat and not even think about what i was doing!

Has this happened to anyone else, or am i going crazy from lack of biscuits!!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:18 pm

yes yes!! hey shel this happened to me with pasta. i remember cooking a pasta bake and i had drained the pasta and picked a couple of swirls out and put them in my mouth. once they were in my mouth i thought 'S>H>I>T>E' and spat them out in the bin before swallowing them. but habits like that are hard to break especially when you forget that you arent supposed to be eating them.
kate_turner2000

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:30 pm

God yes, this seems to happen too often for my liking lately. I eat when I'm not even hungry. It's an automatic reaction and it has got to stop. Yesterday, I had a huge craving for chocolate so I went for a little walk to the 7-11 bought a block of Dove chocolate got back to my desk and devoured it all without even realising or tasting it for that matter. So the chocolate craving is still there but I am not going to cave (damn TTOM :twisted: ).

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:47 pm

I do that all the time I buy things like chocolate at the shops come home & think to my self why did I buy this.
Chelle

Postby SarahC » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:37 am

I have eaten stuff during the night and could not remember doing it. I just found out by the wrappers/crumbs left around. Then after seeing those I had some vague recollection... and kicked myself!!
SarahC

Postby sassi » Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:44 pm

oh yeah, i completely relate to that! sometimes i just hover in the shop near the chocolate (or whatever it is i want) and go to get something & catch myself at the last minute.

i'm finding my food diary is really helping with this. i read somewhere it takes 21 days to form a habit (although i actually thought it was a lot longer) so i've committed to filling in my diary no matter what for 21 days. it puts me off eating high cal food! or at the very least makes me get on the exercise bike to get back down to the right level!
sassi

Postby shelbel » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:33 pm

Thanks everyone!! I feel much better knowing im not the only one who had done this!! Im not going to beat myself up for it!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Lizzie » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:47 pm

I do it also...I automatically just finish off my kids dinner or eat what they give to me. I am training to stop myself from doing this!!
Lizzie

Postby Maraver » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:39 am

We eat it cos its there :lol:
I get so angry with myself after I have done it :cry:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:58 am

Yes can relate to that totally.....it is always good to share as Shel as it makes you realise that you are not alone!!

I bought some choc biscuits yesterday for my daughter and her friend who was sleeping over and I had tried one of each before I realised I had just scoffed about 1/4 of calorie allowance for the day!! :roll:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Weight loss Talk