It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:11 am

Free Newsletter

Only if it doesnt taste like...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Only if it doesnt taste like...

Postby The Scales Tell Me So » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:09 am

Hia,

Have been really successful with diet however have little time for cooking lately and was wondering if anyone out there is big ppl land know of a meal replacement suppliment that doesnt taste like ......

I have tried satchels from Tony Ferguson and CelebSlim and Optifast but they all taste really awful... Its just not right making a milkshake with water.

I have tried Sustigen and Musashi and they are protien drinks that taste Ok, any other suggestions. Thanks

Nikki
The Scales Tell Me So

Postby Maraver » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:36 am

I think celebrity slim is the nicest I have tried
but each to there own the rest seem to taste like cake mixture
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:47 am

Maraver wrote:I think celebrity slim is the nicest I have tried
but each to there own the rest seem to taste like cake mixture
Pam

thats a GOOD thing pam especially if you are like me and like to lick the beaters and the bowl haha

maybe check out adro sarnellis site, he sells a lot of products in his online store. and have you tried protein BARS as opposed to shakes?
http://www.adrohealth.info
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:59 am

You could always try having some frozen meals on hand, i always have a couple of weight watchers ones in the freezer. I dont know about other people but i cant stick to those meal replacement things, i think its the mental aspect of it, i need to feel ive eaten 'real' food! But everyone is different, i know they do work for some ppl on this forum.

Good luck!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

I Like Foods To...

Postby The Scales Tell Me So » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:49 pm

Hia,

Thanks for the info, I just bought some weight watches meals today. I really like the risotto (spelled wrong I think) the rice dish.

I havnt had a lot of rice in my diet because its supposed to be bad, but I love rice dishes so this is really good.

Thanks for the info,
The Scales Tell Me So

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:23 pm

LOL no such thing as good or bad foods :) just foods we need to be more aware of the nutritional value and how often we have them :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:38 pm

Well said kate :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Niglet » Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Those milkshakes always sound interesting, but replacing entire meals with liquid seems a little... I dunno... it reminds me of those sci-fi shows where people's meals consist of a little pill :/
I believe in the madness called "now".

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQdQcaI/]
[/url]
Niglet

Postby Jisgone » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:14 pm

i replace breakfast with a latte flavoured celebrity slim sachet, its my favourite :) chocolate and banana were ok too, caramel i reallly didnt like
Jisgone

Postby Maraver » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:23 pm

As from this week I am going to replace my lunch with Celebrity slim its the one meal I really struggle with I like the vanilla flavour but I do add my own coffee so its stronger than their latte one
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

I think this could be bad

Postby The Scales Tell Me So » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:23 pm

Hia,

Im ssssoooooo very picky when it comes to food, its why it has taken me so long to find a diet that I actually like.

I have gotten to the point where I can stop and look at what and I each and how much, which is why I have turned to suppliments to replace some meals.

I dont like so many of the shakes and meal replacements however I do like Sustigen and Mushashi. Im a little confused though because my younger cousin who is underweight takes sustigen daily to help put on weight.

Has anyone had any experience with these drinks and can clarrify for me? Thanks

Nikki
The Scales Tell Me So

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:19 pm

I used to work in Aged care and we gave the oldies who needed to gain weight/were recovering from an operation/ilness sustagen...I was also told by a gp to have sustagen after I gave birth to my son to keep the energy up....i think there is a 99%ff one now? Maybe give that a go :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby molligrub » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:54 pm

Hey there, I know this isn't exactly a meal replacement, but it is healthy and really yummy and filling.

Buy a tin (400g) of sliced mango in juice. Drain juice. Freeze mango slices. Blend frozen mango with 1 cup milk, and it makes a really thick shake. Don't need ice cream, and it takes awhile to drink.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnqxaGD/]
[/url]

I am gonna exercise my butt off!! Literally!!
molligrub

Postby Nay » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:03 pm

My partner drinks sustagen daily and he is trying to put on weight. I think its a quick fix when there's no time for breakfast and he drinks it for the nutrients in it I think...he is really picky with things like additives in food and stuff...but I guess if you are using it for a meal replacement it should be fine.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Return to Weight loss Talk