It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

Family Support

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Mike!!

Postby Kitty kat » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:05 am

Other than my li' bro and sis,I never tell people when i'm going on a diet coz i'm scared of the humiliation that i'll feel if i fail. I've never even told a boyfriend that i was unhappy with my weight in case he suddenly realised that i was a hippo and decided to jump ship. But not with Mike. He's the man in my life and we've been together for almost 9 months. I tell him everything- even all the stuff to do with my weight and food battles. He's so supportive. He's constantly telling me that i'm not fat even when i make self-defeating comments like "i look fat in these pants", "i'm so fat and ugly", "why are you dating fattie like me?". I'm not shy to tell him what i think about myself and my weight. Howver, i worry that if i don't do something about my weight once and for all, he'll leave when he's fed up with all my ranting. After all, he's only human and a man can only take so much. He's so supportive. He really is the rock in my life when no one else understands. The thought of losing him is what has motivated me to get rid of all the junk in my trunk!!!!!

But, i'm not losing weight for him, i'm doing it for myself!!!! Because i love myself enough to know that i'm worth it!!!!

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
Kitty kat

Postby Fireball » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:50 am

I agree, supporting people when they are struggling to achieve their goals can be wearing. If there is one thing that can make one rant it is being overweight, dieting etc. It can consume your every thought. Imagine how great you will feel when you can talk to people about what you have acheived and how great you feel instead of feeling bad!! Go Kitty!

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Nay » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:34 pm

Its interesting reading everyone's posts here and I can relate to a lot of you.

My partner is supportive, god bless him, I make it so hard for him!! Im an on again, off again dieter and he always sticks by me and motivates me when I need it.

Like I stated in a previous post, I bought a bag of freddo frogs and made him hide them and give me one a day. He has to put up with my nagging and my 'just this one time let me have two' and 'I didn't have one yesterday, that means I can have two today" LOL. He is staying strong now, and I know that however much I nag, I will only get one a day!!

My dad isn't that supportive. whenever I go over there, he will bring out the chocolate or the cakes and it gets me so angry!!! I have to bite my lip sometimes.

Work is hard. At least I have a coworker there to share stories with though, she is on lite and easy at the moment. But our boss always brings in the chocolate and yummy food. And today we went to Fasta Pasta for a staff meeting/lunch which I wasn't looking forward to. And there was cake cause it was the bosses birthday!!!! It is so hard sometimes!!!

I think out of all the people in my life, work is the toughest to resist because they are very social people and have regular staff drinks/dinners and yummy food brightens our day.

Some people yell at me saying I'm not fat and I don't need to lose weight and that is frustrating too. Am I not allowed to shed a few kilos to feel better about myself???

I've never been one to stick to a goal and this time I want to prove myself and everyone else wrong.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby Mandie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:05 pm

Yeah, I actually find the "you don't need to lose weight!" crowd the most annoying, because.. I mean.. thanks, I know I don't necessarily look my weight, but I am quite clearly overweight, and I wanna be healthy, ya know?

My boyfriend is really supportive... he puts up with my cravings and lets me eat peanut butter cups, and then doesn't let me feel bad about it. He also rations them so I can't eat them all! And other things.. like when he cooks for me, he buys low fat stuff to use (which he NEVER would have before) and he started getting low fat milk to keep in his house, which is totally sweet.

Just last night, we were at the shopping centre and we ate in the food court, then I wanted dessert and asked him to go pick me an icecream - and he got me chocolate chunk... LOW FAT FROZEN YOGHURT! I was like.. great choice!! :) He's so perfect!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:14 pm

it definately helps when those you spend most of your time with are conscious of the fact that you are trying to make better choices.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ses » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:06 pm

My husband and kids are great, very supportive and all enjoy healthy foods. My family however (ie mum/sister both overwt) initially are happy, but as the weight decreases tell me I am annorexic - this was when I had just hit bmi 25 last time (huh?).
I put it down to jealousy......
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:08 pm

sounds that way to me ses. my sisters thought it was great for me too and then as i got closer to my goal they would say things like 'well im 62 kgs' etc

i saw them around xmas time and theyre the same size as me now! and they would stand there and say 'oh im so fat i need to lose weight' and i was standing there gobsmacked thinking 'they must think i am stil fat then !'
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:47 pm

Sometimes I think people say this to get sympathy and comments....what is the first thing you would normally say to someone who is thin and says they are fat?? "Oh no you don't" or "you look great" etc etc....attention seeking is all they are doing and Kate, you do look fabulous and certainly not overweight at all judging by the last pic you posted with your hair...don't let the shallow few put you down darl!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:50 pm

thanks ally you always say something to brighten my day :) i used to have friends at school who were sooo thin and would do the 'im fat' and stick their bellys out really far which wasnt far at all lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:03 am

it always makes me laugh when people do that!! I can understand why so many girls have body image problems when you look at the waifes that are in the media......they have done nothing to really stomp it out.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby madeline » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:29 pm

My family don't even KNOW i'm trying to lose weight. My greatest support comes from my gorgeous bf and this forum. He's an soccer player and he likes to keeps fit, but he still can't understand why I want to lose weight. However he's so so supportive, and even on days I'm down he's always there to put me on his lap, hug me and tell me I'm beautiful. The best thing is that even though he doesn't think I should lose weight, he still tries to help me out. Like he bought lite milk for me at his place, even though he doesn't drink it himself, he also makes special healthy dishes for me sometimes when he's cooking for himself and his brother, like with less sauce or less meat in it. He's the best support in the world <3
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Re: Family Support

Postby Green_Butterfly » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:34 pm

emma21 wrote:My sisters come to me for weight loss advice now. Not that Sister number 1 has to lose weight - but she asks about exercise. It makes you feel wanted though lol.

it is nice when i guess people acknowledge the changes and progress you have made without being patronising or rude.

asking for advice shows that they really think your doing something right and is always a real form of flattery i think :D

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk