It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:21 am

Free Newsletter

Is this possible ?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Is this possible ?

Postby fantastica » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi,
Im new to this forum..Would like ur suggestions on my plan to lose weight..My current weight is 66 kg n i plan to get down to 56 kg in 2 months time..Do u think its possible ? My workout plan would consists of 1 1/2 walks daily..with calorie intake of 1200 per day consisting of veggies, tuna and fruits and a little bit carbs..do u think this is achievable ? N what exercise is better to lose weight ? Brisk walking, jogging or running ? I wanna achieve the sleek look and i heard that running gives u bulky thighs and calves which i dont wanna achieve..Please help :)
I wanna be slim....
fantastica

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:00 pm

First I would say make sure that your goal is healthy for your age/height/bone structure....hmmm ok to start with, you shouldnt set yourself a time limit to lose weight (you dont want to lose motivation if you dont get their by your 'deadline') and we cant really advise how long it will take to lose the weight, cos every 'body' hehe joke! lol is different...the food sounds fine, and exercise wise, I think anything is better than nothing! :) Choose something that you enjoy :) I dont think walking/running will build up muscle tone too much unless you are weight training???(could be wrong, though sorry!)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby fantastica » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:53 pm

well, im 22 yrs old with a height of 5'4..am i obese for my height ? i feel so fat among my friends...:( anyway, thanks for the reply..i dont do weight training cuz my aim is to lose weight and lose inches on my stomach and hips..is it possible to just do brisk walking cuz my friends say i shud do something high impact like aerobics n stuff ..but the thing is im a student n i dun hav much allowance to join a gym..thanks :D
I wanna be slim....
fantastica

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:28 pm

You don't have to join a gym in order to exercise there is plenty of things that you can do around the house. Some people on here can't afford weights or a gym membership also, so they improvise by using tin cans or sand filled water bottles, there is plenty of things that you can do around the house, you can also buy or hire from a video shop arebobics dvd. Walking fine but you should be adding more to your fitness in able to bun more calories. & you can't just focus on just one part of your body because it wont show the results. You need to work upper & lower body at the same time & mix up your routine. Write out an exercise diary to follow for the week & stick to it. Eat right & drink plenty of water Good luck.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:48 pm

Chelle wrote:You don't have to join a gym in order to exercise there is plenty of things that you can do around the house. Some people on here can't afford weights or a gym membership also, so they improvise by using tin cans or sand filled water bottles

....or wine bottles like me ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:52 pm

lol
Chelle

Postby zojo » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:22 pm

I only have a Treadmill + an Exercise Ball at home..so for the rest of it..I improvise :D

For weights I use the biggest soup cans I have in the pantry, I use the side of my Treadmill as a step to do "step - ups", I run rather than walk up the stairs outside everytime I put a dirty nappy in the bin LOL..and this can be a few times a day..especially when I have visitors :P

Do some dancing around the house as this burns up some cal's, and the Kidlet's love it... get in and do some hard arse housework for your Mum...she'll love you for it and it's a fantastic workout :D

So as you see, there are sooooooo many things you can do or use around the home to get you into shape...if that's what you really want to do :D

Good luck..and try and aim for this being a long term weight loss experience..not just short term as it's just gonna come back and bite you on the bum if you don't keep at it afterwards.

zojo.
xx
START WEIGHT:80kgs
CURRENT WEIGHT:76kgs
6 WK CHALLENGE:76kgs
12 WK CHALLENGE:70kgs
ULTIMATE GOAL:60kgs
zojo

Postby KimE » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:52 pm

Hi Fantastica

Personally I think 10 kgs in 2 months is a little ambitious but certainly not unachievable depending on how focused you are. However, I agree with playboy_bunny about not putting a deadline on your weightloss as it can have a negative effect. Remember the health professionals say 1/2 to 1 kg per week is healthy weight loss. Plus the longer it takes the more likely you are to change you habits to healthier ones so you can maintain once at goal weight.

Check this BMI calculator to find out if you are in your healthy weight range which I suspect you are. Your BMI has a range so you may find that 56 is the lower end but still in the range for being healthy. http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... -index.htm

Neither walking nor running is going to give you bulky thighs and calves unless you are also doing a serious weight training program focusing on those areas. Brisk walking, running or jogging are all excellent cardio activities and will help in weight loss. Just make sure you get your heart and lungs working and don't just stroll to get the real benefit out of it. Personally I think no program is complete without some resistance/weight training. Don't worry that you are going to get bulky muscles as us gals just don't get that without serious effort and gym time. But it may help to increase your metabolism which in turn means you will burn more calories plus it builds bone density and that's another goodie for us gals.

All the best on your journey and let us know how you go. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby fantastica » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:29 am

Thanks ppl for all ur advice :)

Hey coach steer, how do i perform HIIT ? Is it a strenous exercise?
I wanna be slim....
fantastica

Return to Weight loss Talk