It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Free Newsletter

What a bummer!!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What a bummer!!!!

Postby Kitty kat » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi guys, I joined the group yesterday and thought that my weight was at 68kg. Well, it was the last time I weighed in. I jumped on the dreaded scale this morning and saw that I’m actually at 69kg!! I was horrified. This takes my BMI from 25,91 to 26,29. I'm officially overweight!!!! I've change my weight ticker to reflect the gruesome reality.

I feel so crap. The funny thing is that i want to drown my sorrows in junk food- the very vice that has landed me in this "sizeable" (excuse the pun) predicament. I'm such an emotional eater. I just hope my day will get better. Thanks for listening to my rant!!! What a bummer man!!

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
Kitty kat

Postby milkyway » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Hi Kitty Kat - my weight fluctuates all the time which is why I weigh myself only one day per week (sat morn) around the same time. You get a better idea of weight week to week and it saves being disheartened when it goes up.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:20 pm

hey kitty

the way to look at it is that you are being honest with yourself and you have a truthful starting point for your weightloss. you will lose that extra kilo mate, just make good decisions and you will be fine. we are always around here and theres a few emotional eaters here as well :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Zero » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:38 pm

I hadnt weighed myself in about a month and found that I was 10 kilos heavier....

You can just imagine the look on my face. :shock:
Zero

1 kilo at a time

Postby Kitty kat » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, i think i should only way myself once a week,on a specific day and at a specific time. I guess it can be really disappointing to see your weight fluctuate up and down if you do it more regularly.

Also, i think i need to look at the 14kgs i wanna lose in small chunks coz when i think of it as a whole i just feel so intimidated. I'm really determined to lose that extra kilo that seems to have crept up on me. I'm gonna take it 1 kilo at a time and celebrate the small victories.

Thanks guys :)

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
Kitty kat

Postby Chelle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:00 pm

It is the best way small steps other that the whole goal weight. Reward yourself after every 5 Kg lost with a facial or new clothes somthing that will motivate you to get to your goal weight. Don't worry to much about that extra Kg you will lose it in no time!!!
Chelle

Postby Green_Butterfly » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 am

hey kitty kat,
One positive way to think about it is when you DO reach your goal of 55 kilos, you can say to your self, hey thats a whole 14 kilos i lost, it sounds and is a better achievment than 13 kilos and you can feel even more proud of yourself!
Just a optimistic spin on it :D
Good luck!

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Return to Weight loss Talk