It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Free Newsletter

He wants to put on weight, I want to lose weight!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

He wants to put on weight, I want to lose weight!!!

Postby Nay » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:19 pm

Hi all, I have just joined this forum and started on the road to healthy eating and exercise...Its great to hear everyone's tips and stories and its keeping me motivated. I have a bit of a problem though.

My boyfriend has a super fast metabolism. He can eat anything he likes and he won't put weight on. Since I met him, he has lost about 10 kilos cause he doesn't eat like he used to. (he was in the RAAF and ate 3 huge cooked meals a day)

At the moment, he is wanting to bulk up and put a bit of weight on, where as I want to shed a few kilos so we are always having arguments about what to eat for dinner! It gets so frustrating at times!

How can we come to a compromise?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:50 pm

I'm in the same boat my hubby is skinny as has a very fast metobolism can eat what ever how much he can never put on kilo's I've bought him weight gainer shakes that is $100 a bottle & he still can't put on weight & if he gets the slighest cold he can lose kg in a flash without meaning to where I would like to shed a few Kg...

Almost every night I cook up 2 different meals I buy a whole lot of bulk chicken breast & cut it up individually & add thing to it so it is all prepared before freezing so im not making to much of a fuss when it comes to cooking, that way there is no aruments at the dinner table I eat my healthy dinner & he eats what ever he likes to eat.

Hope this helps
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:52 pm

hmmm what about if you make the meal in sections? Like, you have meat and veg/salad, so does he. You have a smaller portion, make his bigger. Make him some side pasta/mashed potato/rice etc and dessert and you skip it (or go for a healthier dessert option) ??
Hope this helps :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Nay » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, I guess I will just have to have some will power and not have rice/potato when I cook it for him. :cry:

I like the idea of cutting the chicken before freezing it and adding other stuff to it aswell before freezing. That definately saves time!!!

What do you put with the chicken?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:28 pm

I put in vegies, rub spices into the chicken like thai seasoning it is really nice, lemon peper,mexican spice, bbq spice ect.. marinade's some bags i leave plain in case I want to make somthing other that what i have prepared in the freezer for the night, every bag of chicken that I pull out of the freezer is different so I'm not having the same meal every night.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:44 pm

yep my fiance has the same super fast metabolism. when i would cook vegies i would cook him the usual and id have extra besides potato. or when id cook pasta id substitute my pasta for juilenne carrots and he would have pasta.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:08 am

Hi Nay, my hubby is the same. I cook normal healthy meals (there are six of us in the family) and I always make my recipes to serve 8. That way I give hubby double the amount and that leaves one serve leftover either for me to have the next day, freeze, or hubby will have that the next day for work lunch...it makes life a lot easier than having to cook different things at dinner time!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Weight loss Talk