It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

I SAW A DIETITION!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I SAW A DIETITION!!

Postby Monica » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:47 am

hi everyone,

i went and saw a dietitian on monday.. it was the best. I wasn't expecting much but she was the most interesting kind lady I have met. She seemed to know exactly what was going on with me with minimal explination from me.

I was actually iagnosed with an eating disorder. :( This is because I am a compulsive dieter, so when I am on a diet I usually reduce my calories to 1000 - 1200 (starvation mode) so when I finally break the diet i binge... the eating diorder part is that after I binge I vomit... YUCK :cry:

She said that with my dieting ways i have basically made my motabolism as low as it will go and I have broken all trust that my body has with me to feed it properly. It is in constant fear of being put back into starvation mode, my motabolism is always very slow and whenever I eat, my body holds onto all fat for dear life....

So I have a long road ahead of me where I have to learn how to deal with food properly. It's pretty full on. I am pretty scared actually, but she is great and i have made a decision to take a leap of faith and trust her advise to me.

thanks for letting me get that off my chest - not the sort of thing you tell your mates!!

Mon
Monica

Postby Ally » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:15 am

That is a great step forward Monica!! Well done for facing your eating issues...the only way to go from here is up..keep us updated on how you are going!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby sassi » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:03 pm

you've made such a big step already mon. facing up to that was probably the hardest part. ás ally said, let us know how you're going!
sassi

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:41 pm

well done monica, you are making some great changes for your future :) keep us updated :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:45 pm

That is fantastic steps your are taking Monica and I wish you all the best with seeing a dietician.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:54 pm

Wow that must be so scary for you - congratulations on facing your fear and moving forward!
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby dragonfly » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:47 pm

good for you to see a deititian.
you sound qite similar to me, I am always on a strict diet down to 1000 calories and gain when i stop.
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:21 pm

Good on you for seeking help and facing your eating issues :) good on you :D Im considering seeing a dietician too, let us know how you get on :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Chelle » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:58 pm

Well done for taking the first step, it sound like you have made the right decission, keep us posted on how you are doing.
Chelle

Dietician

Postby seigns » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:01 pm

:( That was really interesting. I can relate so much to what you're saying about your metabolism. I fear that i am currently on a diet which is providing about 800 calories probably at the most. My metabolism has been damaged from years of Yo-Yo dieting too and now I almost can't even lose weight anymore. And what's ridiculous is that I started dieting when I was only 60 kgs which was the perfect weight for my height. I wish I'd realised it at the time and now wonder if I also have an eating disorder. However I don't vomit. I hope that you are able to stop doing that and good luck to you. I might go see a dietician too.
You Make Your Own World - Decide To Be Happy
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wo9dpFY/
seigns

Postby Monica » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:01 pm

thanks for all the feed back guys. it is scry. Because i am eating more than usual (because I am breaking my dieting pattern) I am putting on weight!!! It is horrible. Apparently it takes about 4-6 weeks of letting my body eat whenever it wants before I can start to lose weight.

To Seigns, I think it wounds like you have the same prob as me. I soo recomend a dietitian. I found out sooo much information. I would love to pass it all on but it is too much and it is better to go to a professional. they owuld definatly be ablle to help you.
Monica

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:07 pm

hey monica thanks for the update make sure you keep us updated later on about how you are going, it is interesting to hear
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:19 pm

Wow it is so wonderful how positive you are being about this whoe process. It must be very overwhelming, and you should really be proud of yourself for working through it. These are the small changes that will make a HUGE difference in your life.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Return to Weight loss Talk