It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:12 am

Free Newsletter

Optifast

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Optifast

Postby seigns » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:42 pm

I'm following the Optifast program that you buy from the chemist (milkshakes, bars and soups). Has anyone had any success with this diet?
You Make Your Own World - Decide To Be Happy
http://www.tickerfactory.com/weight-loss/wo9dpFY/
seigns

Postby Immortal » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:41 pm

I haven't tried so I can't say I have had successes. I am thinking about doing it for a fortnight, to give my starting path to weight loss I jump start and then doing a fortnight on a detox plan. I fear that you may not be getting everything you need from the food though... You may know more than me though?
Victims; Aren't we all...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX0EW8N/]
[/url]
Immortal

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:53 pm

hey :) My gp put me on optifast, but I just couldnt stick to having 3 shakes and nothing else...I felt dizzy and lightheaded and grumpy :twisted: lol and just coiuldnt function, so I am now just eating celebrity slim/low carb :) Let us know how you get on xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby melogic » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:50 am

Hi there. Mel here
I have just started the optifast diet and I am hugely motivated and on day 6. Day 3, I was ready to chuck it in but I am glad I stuck to it because the next day I noticed a difference on the scales.
I believe this is going to be the way to lose all the weight I want.
:D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMqaVfg/]
[/url]
melogic

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:03 am

Adam I personally believe to each their own, so you do what you want to lose the weight and we will do what want to lose it....this forum is great because it supports any and ALL diet plans, and there have been ppl on here who take diet pills, do optifast, tony ferguson, low carb, high carb, low fat etc....so live and let live, mate...u do what u want, and let us do what works for us, without judgement...oh, and I also know 'how' to eat well...is not that simple...if it was, then we'd all be thin! :lol: I binge eat, and my gp suggested that I do optifast to break the binge eating cycle, (at least for 21 days, thats how long it takes to break a habit) I have been reading every single nutrition/healthy eating book I can find and when i come off optifast, i will be going to a dietician...so thanks.....I also think that 'healthy' eating and exercise are NOT always the only answer.....I ate healthy and walked daily at 129 kgs :shock: xx
Playboy_bunny

Postby Bandit » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:23 pm

I've done Optifast & other meal replacement shakes on several occasions, & have always lost weight on them. Last time I replaced 2 meals daily for 6 months & lost 23kg. Each time I stopped the shakes though, I piled all the weight back on, plus more.

As Playboy Bunny is doing, make sure you have a healthy, portion-controlled eating plan ready for when you stop them.
Bandit

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:24 pm

Thats right bandit :) (although Im not doing Optifast anymore, juse healthy eating :D)
Playboy_bunny

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:40 am

gosh do any of the shake diets have a guide to what to do when you have lost the weight?? I am not being picky ladies, it just seems that there is nothing in place for maintainence.... :? :?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:49 am

Yeah, they kind of do this-
First 12 weeks, 3 shakes a day
next 6 weeks- 2 shakes 1 light meal
next 6 weeks- 1 shake 2 meals
last 6 weeks - 3 light meals
I know what u mean though Ally, I dont know how I would have kept it off after the shakes... :? Regardless of there maintenace program...but only cos Ive seen so many ppl regain what they lost with shakes...so thats why Im just eating nomally now....Slow and steady wins the race :)
Playboy_bunny

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:00 am

mmm still not much of a maintainence though is it?? I agree with you Gracie....and you will lose weight that way...it just takes a little longer :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Becksta » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:19 pm

I'm doing Optifast atm.

onto week 2

Week One I lost 3.8 kg, so I was extremely impressed.

I am hoping to lose a kilo a week and be sensible about it.

I am probably use a guideline like WW for planning my meals when I come off the intensive phase in 11 weeks time. I just needed something to really help me kickstart my weight loss and going cold turkey I felt was the best option for me to help break the craving/compulsive eating cycles that I have.

I know what you mean about the headaches etc, the first couple of days was rather shocking as my body started detoxing, but coming into week 2 I feel extremely healthy and not hungry at all.

I make sure I have a big salad at night or a bowl of steamed veggies with fresh lemon. If I'm feeling more creative I'll do baked eggplant, onion, mushrooms,etc and then serve with some tinned tomatoes for a tasty and easy sauce, it's really quite delicious. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wF2P4eK/]
[/url]
Becksta

Postby carls » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:45 pm

im doing celebrity slim pretty much to kick start my weightloss and to break bad habits.

i was! the queen of the snackers and would eat even when i wasnt hungry.

i am feeling GREAT on celebrity slim, its much easier being back at work doing it!
carls

Postby gea » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:09 pm

I am currently on Tony Ferguson, a little less restrictive than optifast.

It is working very well, I am pleased with the results.

Tony Ferguson does have a maintenance plan.

As with any weightloss program if you go back to eating the wrong things in wrong amounts you will gain the weight back, it really is about a lifestyle change.
gea

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:51 pm

I heard about it and discussed it with my doctor and he totally against any shake diets. He says they a quick fix diet. Once you stop you gain the weight back. He would rather me just change my diet the healthy way.

Rochelle
chubbywife79

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:57 pm

Playboy_bunny wrote:Adam I personally believe to each their own, so you do what you want to lose the weight and we will do what want to lose it....this forum is great because it supports any and ALL diet plans, and there have been ppl on here who take diet pills, do optifast, tony ferguson, low carb, high carb, low fat etc....so live and let live, mate...u do what u want, and let us do what works for us, without judgement...oh, and I also know 'how' to eat well...is not that simple...if it was, then we'd all be thin! :lol: I binge eat, and my gp suggested that I do optifast to break the binge eating cycle, (at least for 21 days, thats how long it takes to break a habit) I have been reading every single nutrition/healthy eating book I can find and when i come off optifast, i will be going to a dietician...so thanks.....I also think that 'healthy' eating and exercise are NOT always the only answer.....I ate healthy and walked daily at 129 kgs :shock: xx

I agree with you there,we should be able to do it our own way. Just it not safe for me. Good luck for everyone who doing them! :D
chubbywife79

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk