It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:24 am

Free Newsletter

urgent please answer!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

urgent please answer!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:08 pm

my cals are only adding up to about 769cals for today. i dont know what to do? i just had dinner so im not really hungry. any advice is much appreciated
kate_turner2000

Postby Ses » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:12 pm

peanut butter
ice cream
a sandwich.....
[[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wg3ZtyW/]
[/url]
Ses

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:31 pm

ive decided to have a milo later on tonight when i watch telly. it only brings my cals up to 1039 for the day which isnt a lot but i cant fit anything else in. :(
kate_turner2000

Postby shelbel » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 pm

Maybe you could eat a bit more tomorrow and look at the cals for the whole week, it might pan out the same?? Otherwise my only suggestions are to eat choc! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Thats a good idea shelbel :) Maybe just aim at bulking up your meals tomorrow? Like, have rice with your meat and veg or a baked potato, slightly bigger meals and build it up day by day until you are eating the right amount of cals...some extra fruit or cheese and crackers or something in the afternoon....mmmm milo would be good before bed eh Kate?? :lol: hehe yum!
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:08 pm

thanks guys for the tips. i will take them on board. the last thing i need is my body to go into starvation mode! but we are close to the weekend when i will get to have my raspberry licorice so i am looking forward to it :)

hey gracie milo is great for those choccy cravings :P
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:15 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmm milo hehe and Rasberry licorice! I HATE regular licorice, but I adore rasberry licorice...and the blue one too Yum! :D
Playboy_bunny

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:09 pm

Hey Kate :)
Have you been planning your meals/snacks the night before? I always plan my food the night before so I avoid eating too little/too much.
What you can also do is eat extra calories for the rest of the week to make up for it I guess?
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Jannie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:56 am

What a good idea to plan your meals/snacks the night before! I guess it is obvious, but I hadn't thought of it (no organisation, me!). I had the same problem as Kate today, too few cals., but not hungry. Not my usual worry, obviously, or I wouldn't be talking to you on this forum :lol: I'm leaving it until last thing before I go to bed to have a drink or snack to bring the calories up a little. I think I will try planning as you suggest.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBcrzqc/]
[/url]
Jannie

Postby Nay » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:31 am

Milo is evil!!! I was having major choccie cravings last night and decided to have a milo...except my milo consisted of half a glass of milk and the rest milo! :oops:

Damn cravings! I don't think I had enough to eat during the day and when I came home, dinner wasn't even cooked and I was starving!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:37 am

lol yep my couple of teaspoons of milo used to be large tablespoons lol. but im satisfied by a couple of teaspoons now.
yeah i was still under last night when i went to bed even though i had a milo last night. however on wednesday i was about 1350 calories so i think its sort of evened out.

hey em nah i dont plan my snacks because i dont know what ill feel like lol. im looking at buying some nuts today but i am trying to be cautious due to the fact that i can never stop at 10 or so i need to have more. lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:17 am

ok sooooooooo embarrassed about this! When I was pregnant, I poured THE WHOLE CAN of milo into a huge milkshake up and ate it all in one go :oops: hmm wonder if thats why I put on 36 kgs when I was preggy???? :shock: lol
Playboy_bunny

Postby Ally » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:21 am

Hey Kate on CK you can have 20 cashew nuts to a serve (30g) - I am not sure how you have them so I will give you both values....

20 cashews dry roasted and salted or unsalted - 172 Calories and 13.9g Fat

20 cashews raw - 166 Calories and 13.1g Fat :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:06 am

thanks heaps ally i will grab some today :) i like them either way ;:) your a champ!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:42 pm

If you're going to have fatty foods to add calories try to stick with good fats ie. cashews over chocolate. That way your body is at least getting something good from it.

Kate, are the figures you quoted just food or food after exercise is deducted?

If they are just food then you can taper your calories through the day so that you actually eat more for breakfast, snacks and lunch and the calories get less through the day so you're not trying to fit them all in at the end. As Em says planning helps with this a lot so that may or may not be for you. Make sure you have a decent breakfast as this not only kick starts your metabolism for the day but can set you up with plenty of cals that you will need for energy through the day. Preferably a decent balance of carbs, protein and good fats to start the day.

Excellent snacks are the nuts and seeds, low fat dairy. Maybe adding a low fat yoghurt if you don't already have one, fresh and dried fruit and plenty of veg wherever you can fit them in but veg doesn't usually add up to many cals. Oh and an easy way to add cals without too much bulk is juices and milk. Just watch the sugars if that is a concern for you.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk