It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:29 pm

Free Newsletter

urgent please answer!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:46 pm

thanks for the tips kimmy. i brought some unsalted cashews today and im going to separate them into little containers of 20 cashews (20=1 serve) so i dont eat the whole bag full.

i dont like yoghurt so am keeping clear of that. when i put my exercise into calorie king it will say something like -385 calories does that mean i have worked off 385 cals? im not sure how it works. its all new to me. will try and have a slice of toast with my milo of a morning so i am getting that bit extra. its hard with a baby and trying to fit breakfast in at times especially when im not really a breakfast person but will try to do it.
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:51 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:thanks for the tips kimmy. i brought some unsalted cashews today and im going to separate them into little containers of 20 cashews (20=1 serve) so i dont eat the whole bag full.

That is such a great idea!!!

Kate don't go eating chocolate just to get you calories up! You probably just need to plan out your day a bit more, perhaps add a small 'meal' in during the day so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode?
Last edited by Dee on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:52 pm

Good idea with the cashews, I do something similar with nuts and seeds.

I tend to work off the calories I have eaten and tried to make sure it was a minimum of 1200. Any exercise done would drop me below so I always made sure it was 1200 + without the exercise. Hope that makes sense.

If you can fit in breakfast as I mentioned it will give you a good cal start for the day. Even on lite n easy 300-350 cals was breakfast alone.

There is a certain amount of trial and error when you are doing it yourself so just keep an eye on it and take note of what works and what doesn't.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:02 pm

yes i think i know what you mean kimmy. say i eat 1200 cals a day and do -300 exercise a day that would make me 900 cals for the day and i need to eat more to get back up to 1200? is that right? you are right, its all trial and error. i think after my weigh in i will see whether i need to eat more or something. this time around my approach is quite different in that i am not really doing low carb i am still eating 'normal' food but just watching portions and how often i have certain foods.

you are right dee about the chocolate. i dont want to be stingy with my meals just so i can fit in a chocolate bar. its not supposed to be something my body can have every day just in moderation.

glad you liked the cashew tip :) i brought these colourful containers when heidi was having mashed vegies so i could freeze them or put them in the fridge etc but now she doesnt have them as much so i thought i could use them for my cashews.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:09 pm

Sorry I wasn't very clear. It's up to you wether you eat the extra calories that you exercised off, so to speak. What I meant was so long as you initially get in the 1200 cals before the exercise then that should be fine. I found that with the exercise at times I would drop below the 1200 and I just gauged how I felt for that day. So on days with just cardio I might not feel like I needed anymore but when I had done cardio and weights I needed a little extra boost. I could never figure out if I was supposed to eat the calories burnt so I kind of figured out what my body wanted. Either way I still think you are below your maintenance calories and that is what is required for weight loss.

I think your approach to working it out based on your results is a good way to go, then you can alter accordingly. It can be a brain teaser when you start out. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Re: urgent please answer!!

Postby candy87 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:41 am

your body cant differentiate between hunger and thirst just keep your fluids up
candy87

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:36 pm

yeha it wasnt about being hungry it was about the amount of calories i had for the day.
kate_turner2000

Postby Lady bird » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:57 am

could you wright down what you have for the day, so we can have a look :!: then we could see if you are eatng enough of the right type of foods

Lady bird
Lady bird

Postby Ally » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:33 am

Lady bird if you go to the diet diary section you will see Kate's food diary. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Lady bird » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:57 pm

thanks alliy, I did look at Kates food for the day.

Kate I don't see many or any vegies for the day :!: or much fruit.

Some vegies have points and so does fruit and nuts etc. You are having a lot of starchy foods, and high in fats,

Lady bird
Lady bird

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:03 pm

thanks lady bird. cant stand eating fruit in winter and will do so only if im desperate. i have vegies with my dinner everynight in some shape or form. last time i lost weight i cut carbs and i have put the weight back on again. this time i am doing a different approach.
kate_turner2000

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk