It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:24 am

Free Newsletter

Do you really mean it? Cruch time

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you really mean it? Cruch time

Postby Fireball » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:35 am

A woman told me about someone who had a heart attack and was told to change their diet. They said they didn't want to, a few months later they were dead. Now his grandkids will have to grow up without their grandad. She was angry about the choice he had made.

She said, "You can have cake or you can live, what do you want?"

It's true. We are making choices and negotiating on what we are prepared to do. I know I often let myself off the hook - "I've had a bad day/good day/ busy day/ etc so I deserve to have .."

We so often act as if we have all the time in the world, then for some, suddenly crunch time comes. Will you wish you dealt with the problem before it was too late?

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Postby Maraver » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:44 am

So agree with you, life is too short to make bad decisions

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:20 am

very really makes you think about justifying that 'bad' meal or not exercising, or a binge because you had a bad day, or you deserve it....I know I want to be around for a LONG time yet :)

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:32 am

thats so sad

i often wish i had never got to the stage in the first place where i was obese. i am sooo scared of death so i am trying all i can to get my weigh down to a healthy level. in saying that ive heard of people who eat healthy and exercise daily and are normal weight and they have died from terminal illnesses but i think if you have more of a chance of living longer when you are healthy for your age and size :)

Return to Weight loss Talk