It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Free Newsletter

dont you wish...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

dont you wish...

Postby Nay » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:07 pm

Just another random thought...you know the feeling you get when you have a binge session and stuff yourself silly and you feel so sick and full and bloated and guilty and disappointed in yourself???

Don't you wish you could keep that feeling in a jar to remember the way you felt?

Like the times you wake up during the night feeling like youre gonna be sick and swear you won't eat like that again....

I just can't remember the feeling once I'm over it and reaching for that next block of chocolate...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby carla » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:37 am

All I need is a little photo I can carry of myself, as I am, right now, to remind myself of why binge-eating is not a good idea. Trouble is, it fills with me too much self-disgust to see all of that ...double chin, big bulky arms, big belly business.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:59 am

yeah when i think about my body and how bingeing has done this to me it makes me more depressed and i think 'ah well the damage is done might as well keep doing it' type thing. it doesnt hold me back from doing it again. however i keep remembering all those feelings of feeling and looking good at my goal weight and how happy i was and that keeps me from doing it again. i got there before and i can do it again :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:07 am

Hehe, I think it's the same reason why, no matter how bad a hangover you have, you still go on drinking :roll: Why do we keep doing things to ourselves that make us feel bad?
SarahC

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:11 am

Oh Kate, yeah I have the all or nothing attitude to binges too....from today Im trying with all my willpower to stop the binges...I dont know what I can do other than to rid the house (as much as possible as other ppl live here) of temptation and stick my fat photo to the fridge....I agree how good would it be if you could open a jar and feel those feelings and just go 'ugh no way! not going back there again!' :D
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Nay » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:31 pm

See I don't know bout that SarahC. I had a few too many new years and was soooooooo sick. I haven't vomited in 12 years prior to that night....I haven't touched a drink since new year!!!! Just the smell of alcohol makes me want to puke!!! seven and a half months...geez...if only I could do that with food.

Why can't I have the same mentality when I go on a binge session!!??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby carla » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:27 am

Nay...maybe you could try aversion therapy? Just a thought...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wP3O213/]
[/url]
carla

Postby MissE » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:56 am

I find even ridding my house of bad food isnt good wnough when im on a munchie rampage. Pankcakes, for example are thign si always have the ingredients for and i always have lemon and sugar... I just get more creative if i dont have instant food haha.
I agree i wish i could keep that feeling for future reference...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:47 am

yeah I agree! Even if I dont have any junk in the house if Im in a binge, Ill whip something up...(like a whole batch of cupcakes and eat them in one go :oops: ) *sigh* the things we do to ourselves!
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:40 am

Hehe.... there's always something to eat isn't there. No matter how much you get rid of or no longer buy :roll:

I had a thought re how we can bottle that horrible feeling and be able to remember it whenever we want to. I just remembered last night a technique that was taught at the breakthrough to success seminar, called "anchoring". It was done to remember a good feeling. So, at the end of an excercise, when everyone was feeling on top of the world, we would be asked to anchor in that feeling... by associating a sound or an action to that. Like punching the air, jumping up and down, or shouting out something (gosh thank god the room was dark, makes it a whole lot easier to behave like a lunatic!)

I wonder if that same idea could be used to remember a bad feeling. Like when you have that awful feeling after a binge... something you could say to yourself or an action you could do so that when you did that again at another time (like when you feel they temptation to eat) you would remember the feeling.

Does that make sense??

I know what mine is... but I can't repeat it here because it would be censored. Not appropriate hehehe :twisted:
SarahC

Return to Weight loss Talk