It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Great incentive to lose weight - friend's wedding in Rome!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Great incentive to lose weight - friend's wedding in Rome!

Postby Hayley » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:14 pm

Well, as of yesterday, I now have another very good reason to shed 23kg. Our best friend, who has been living in Rome with his finace for the past 2 years, is getting married in June next year.

They have hired out an entire medieval village in Italy, called Titignano! We are going to be saving hard to get there, as I have never been overseas and attending their wedding is so important to us.

23kg in 6 months is quite reasonable, isn't it??? Hell, if I can't lose the weight through hard work, at least I knwo I'll drop it because we may not be able to afford to eat if we go on a trip to Rome!!! (hee hee hee!)

I am really determined to do this. My husband wants to lose some to, so that we're both trim and terrific and don't feel embarrassed to see friends that we haven't seen fopr over 2 years.

Best wishes for everyone over the difficult christmas period - try to hold off on over-indulging in naughty foods, I know I'll try but it sure will be hard!

Hayley.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby linda » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:17 pm

wow! Yes you have got to go and then post photos of your slimselves in Italy for us all to see! Visited Italy last year and it is magic!
linda

Postby BigM » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:59 am

Yes Hayley it is possible to shed that much weight in the allocated time, but i think starting slow is best. If you try to lose a minimum of 1 kg per week, in 6 month you'll lose over 20 kg. But be careful not to over strain exercising as this can be bad in the long run, start slow and gradually build up momentum. Ie. walk 1 hour today, and walk further the next or try and beat the amount of time it takes to reach the same point :).
BigM

Postby Dolly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:06 am

Well said BigM, you took some of those words right out of my mouth :D

Hayley, how wonderful to be heading to Europe, Italy is one of my favourite countries.
In order to lose one kilo per week you're going to have to do daily exercise and really focus on healthy low fat meals (don't cut out healthy fats or protein or you might start to lose hair)
It'll be exciting to watch you lose this weight and get toward your Italian goal.
Dolly

Postby dragonfly » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:09 pm

that is a really good incentive, a goal to look forward to. put a picture of Rome on your fridge, and maybe a little chart underneath,a dn every kilo you loose, reward yourself with a small * new* thing, such as earings or new underwear to take with you on the trip.
stay focussed, you KNOW you can do it!!
karin
mum of 5
loosing by eating low fat, natural, organic and fresh

heaviest weight: 189kg
goal weight: 89kg
currently: 143.5kg
TOTAL LOST: 45.5kg
dragonfly

Postby Trinity » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:49 pm

Wow what an incentive! You can do it, heck a trip to Rome doesnt come around very often. Good Luck :D
Trinity

Postby Fairie » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:16 pm

How exciting for you Haley. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Hayley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:05 am

Thanks heaps everyone. I know, a trip to Rome is incredibly exciting, especially since I've never been overseas before! I really hope that we can achieve both goals of saving money in order to go and losing weight so we both look great at their wedding!

I guess it really does help to have a goal or incentive like this.

Cheers, Hayley.
Hayley

Postby linda » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:01 pm

only problem with rome everything is so expensive. We bought two icecreams and a bottle of coke and it cost us $30 so my advice is don't buy anything in the touristy areas.
linda

Postby Hayley » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:28 pm

Thanks for that advice Linda, it's very handy to know. It will be a huge experience for us and a huge eye-opener at the same time.

Hayley.
Hayley

Return to Weight loss Talk