It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:13 pm

Free Newsletter

weightloss clinics/retreats is their any in australia???

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:57 pm

I agree with Milkyway...if thats what you want to do, then go for dont need to convince us...i do agree though that 20 kg in four weeks is very unrealistic, and unhealthy... and that is not the only reason ppl regain weight either...I would do a little research regarding extreme weightloss in such a small amount of time, side effects, such as loose skin and gallstones...those retreat things also tend to be very expensive, so I would just research and make sure you are getting your moneys worth and that you will not only lose the weight, but be able to maintain it easily for life xx

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:00 pm

Oh, and also, as Leishkin said, look at the contestants of TBL...they lost weight SO fast and 75% of them have gained some if not all of it back....losing weight that fast puts a huge amount of stress and strain on your body...I know you will say well so does being this overweight, but I personally think its a bad way to go about weightloss

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:19 pm

Its approx $2000 a week!!

so for the 4 week program thats $8000
and the 6 week is $12000

thats a hell of a lot of money!!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:43 pm

yeah i think the commando from the BL has something like that too and its really expensive. adro from the BL is opening his own retreat in victoria, i am not sure how much he is going to charge either

Postby Ally » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:54 pm

:o :o :o

Postby SarahC » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:46 pm

Wow, it would be cheaper to go on as a Biggest Loser contestant. Then you could get it for free! That is assuming you get through the auditions and don't mind being on tv lol.

I reckon it would be good though to get away from everything and focus solely on weight loss and nothing else. If you had the money to do it. And as long as you didn't go back home and straight back to old habits, then it would be a waste of money...

Postby Jisgone » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:51 pm

each to their own i guess :)

its been proven time and time again the only way to lose weight is through excercising more and eating less, but people will always try the quick fixes and spend thousands on them. losing weight is so psychological, if your not ready to lose weight it wont happen, and if u are ready to lose weight you will find ways of doing it for cheap if not free! we can only give advice and tell people whats worked for us and its up to them if they choose to listen :)

Postby MissE » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:13 pm

Candy, be careful of the 'I can ONLY do it if...' mentality. It leads to unsustainability when you have to get back to normal life.
Stored fat or not, 20kg in a month isnt healthy, and leads to slack flabby skin that doesn't adjust to your body shape.
Everyone wants a quick fix. If I thought I could lose 20kg in a month and sustain it, keep it off, and not look like the saggy baggy elephant at the end, I'd be tempted, but many crash diets and silly ways of losing have finally convinced me that slow and steady wins the race, this weight needs to come off the way it went on - gradually and a little at a time.
But, like I said, it took me many mistakes to learn that and maybe you need to make yours. The expense is incredible though.. I wouldnt go putting yourself in debt or anything for it. Yes - your life is worth it. But you aren't going to drop dead tomorrow if you don't lose all your weight instantly.
Good luck with your weight loss journey. Have a good read of these forums, I dare say you will find an example of every type of person trying to lose weight every type of way here and maybe it will give you some other options to think about.
And as someone else said.. why not try out for the Biggest Loser? Auditions are open now, and at least you wouldnt have to pay for it!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!

Return to Weight loss Talk