It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

WEIGHTLOSS WAR STORIES

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

WEIGHTLOSS WAR STORIES

Postby candy87 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:35 am

i would just like change the topic to reasons why we decided to change'
ill get the ball rolling so to speak,i was at wonderland in sydney when i was 19 by that time i was 130kgs and i went out with all my friends to go on a roller coaster,i could feel everyone looking at me as soon as i went in the park and when i got to the ride i just realised how fat i had become when i couldnt fit in the cart on the roller coaster... everybody laughed at me and i decided that was it,i was so pissed off with myself and changed for the better now here i am..
candy87

Postby candy87 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:43 am

can anyone add 2 this,i feel so ashammed and alone with my story..
candy87

Postby Ally » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:47 am

I decided to change because I was sick of not being able to go anywhere without the stares, comments and snickers behind my back.....I had one person yell out of a passing car to my husband "how could you put your arm around that thing"! :oops:

I needed to commit to losing weight because of my health mainly and also because I want to be able to wear nice things too...I am so over the "fat" fashion that is around that just makes me look so much worse......

I didn't have one defining moment.....I had many to start me off
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby candy87 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:48 am

:oops: thanks for your reply i feel so much better now... did u check out that website what do u think of it all ?
candy87

Postby Leishkin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:01 pm

I don't think I had a particular turning point, I've been big for as long as I can remember, big baby, big child, big teen, and I'm the one that's to blame more than my mum, who always wanted to help me - took me to naturopaths, got me on programs and things, but I always found it embarrassing taking 'special lunches' to school and feeling different - now I just wish I'd taken care of it then, before I got to the point of having massive stretch marks all over my stomach, and feeling much, much worse about my body.

I've tried so many different diets, liver-cleansing, Admin Censored, meal replacement, ultra-slim, etc..etc.. this week I'm going to go to my first weight watchers meeting, as I've decided that the programs are crap for me because I hate the whole 'taking a shake for lunch' thing, and what I need to do is change everything I do, everything I eat, I need to fit my life around exercise, not exercise around my life, and I need to make it a priority now or never, because if I keep going the way I've always gone, it's never going to change.

I'm so sick of feeling like people are looking me up and down, staring at me when I eat something slightly unhealthy (or anything at all, for that matter) or wondering how the hell I managed to score my skinny, gorgeous fiance, I'm sick of feeling squashed in airline chairs and seatbelts, and feeling how the lift bounces just a little bit when I walk onto it, sick of my feet aching after short walks, and really nice shoes breaking under my weight after only a few weeks.

And while it's being mentioned, how-come people are so bloody obnoxious? A girl called up Nova last week about how some stupid guy at a club had pushed past her and called her a 'fat censored' with no provocation, and she was just a size 14 - what the hell is wrong with people?!

And the guys yelling out of cars?! I've had it happen to me and it's horrible and humiliating and disgusting. Who do these people think they are? I can't comprehend it.
Leishkin

Postby MissE » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:30 pm

I used to be a skinny minnie when I lived on the Gold Coast and after I moved back to Adelaide I piled on the weight. My friends came to visit me and were so suprised, they didnt say much but I could tell, and it shocked me. So here I am, trying to drop it off again...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:52 pm

I went from a size 12 to a size 24 after gaining 43 kgs during pregnancy ( i think I ate for 30! :shock: ) I didnt really have one moment that made me decide 'this is it' I had many little ones that pushed me to this decision-
Breaking a garden chair at a party infront of 50 people
Ripping my pants when I bent down to pick up my baby
Being too big for even some plus sized clothes
Numerous times (even recently) having people yell things at me and call me fat a$$ fat pig etc
Having zero self esteem
Getting puffed out just walking to the letterbox
Having a car full of P platers honk at me and burst out laughing
Wearing ugly fat granny clothes (and Im only in my twenties!)
Having an argument with an ex friend and him saying to me 'fatty want another cream pie' why dont you go eat something you fat a$$
Truth is, I never really thought I had that much of a problem until random ppl I dont know started saying stuff to me...Ive had this chat before, but I dont know how peopl can be so heartless!
My main reason of course is because I want to LIVE my life, not hide away as I do now cos Im too embarrassed of the way I look...i want to be around for my little boy for a lONG time yet,I dont want him to miss out on life because I chose to hide in my home and dont want kids to tease him about his fat mummy...oh, and Im sick of being single :lol: lol
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:31 pm

For me the defining moment was when My husband had a conversation with my parents on how to put me on a diet without hurting my feelings. For some reason this made me mad! Really Mad! My parents find any fault they can with me so having him talk to them really peed me off! When they told me about it, dad could see me getting mad and said "Honey, your taking it out of context, we were just talking about how fat women are unattractive!" I had asked him just before he left for there place (he was staying there to do a course in town) if he could set up my treadmill, and he didn't. So he knew I was seriously thinking about starting to do something about it. The good thing was any time I was slacking off I would think about this conversation and get mad again which kept me going. I was mad for a good 3 months before I started enjoying my new life.

There had been things leading up to the moment, We took all the kids to the theme parks at the gold coast, hugely expensive holiday and I didn't go on one ride, I was too worried I wouldn't fit so I didn't even try. There were other things too. I knew that at a size 22 I was far too big.

I started my weight loss journey in September, with the idea that I didn't want to be the fattest person at our family Christmas reunion. I got down to 87kgs and though I looked great. Before going up to the house each day I would ask Hubby how I looked, he would say great. When I saw the pictures I was horrified. I look awful and still very very fat. I was humiliated! I use those photo's to help me keep going when I just want to stop.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby reester33 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:08 pm

I have been on diets since I was around 10 years old. The only time I was really the size I was meant to be was in year 7 however I was taller than everyone else, and a bigger build....so I got picked on. I ballooned from a size 14 to a size 18 in no time. When I moved out of home I decided I could eat what I liked and grew to a whopping size 26.

My turning point started in 2002 when I won the role of "Ruth" in an amateur production of "Pirates of Penzance". Sure I'd been onstage before, but always the "big" person. I had a pair of vinyl pants....size 22 that I wanted to fit into for Act II so I joined Weight Watchers. I lost 15kgs in 3 months and fit into those pants! After that my dad got sick, I had to put my dog down (my best friend of 16 years), and two months later my dad passed away. I am proud of myself that I didn't go totally off the rails with my eating then. I basically stayed the same for about 6 months when I decided to try out for the ambulance....got myself a personal trainer and progressively worked toward passing fitness tests to get a job! I went from a size 22 to an 18 without losing more than 5kgs! Everyone kept asking how much weight I'd lost, but I'd lost no kgs....just a whopping 100cm all over!! I kick myself now that I didn't keep going, but I couldn't afford the sessions.

I had to move from home to be a paramedic 18 months ago and I lost 5kgs initially with TOWN club until I started to notice that I was putting lots of weight during TTOTM and not losing it again. Then I noticed the acne. I knew what I had even without a diagnosis so I joined Curves gym, but was only averaging 1 session per week but I put back on the 5kgs I initially lost. Knowledge is power so I set about finding all the info I could, getting a diagnosis and medication from a doctor, and developing a plan. That's when I found this forum.

My plan now is to use lite n easy as my "low GI" diet that will limit my calories and also help balance my insulin levels and symptoms of PCOS. I also plan to walk to work everyday (15mins each way), and attend Curves at least 3x week. I know it's make or break time, but I have the tools and the motivation to go all the way!

:) Maree

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby Chelle » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:49 pm

My turning point was when after having my second child I didn't think I was that big myself until I was out growing size 18 & heading towards size 20 I went out & bought myself a set of scale as I didn't hve one at home I jumped on the scales & I was 96KG & I cried because I didn't think I was that big & I decided to do somthing about it I have lost over 20Kg but have regreatfully gained some of the weight back on. Atm trying to lose the weight that I gained back on & try to get to my goal weight.
Chelle

Postby *KaTe* » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:55 pm

Reading all your stories made me sad :( ...

My life changing moment was quite simple, I seen a photo of myself and it changed everything...I have been obese all my life and am so happy now I am fit and healthy and going in the right direction. It takes alot of hard work, will power and motivation to continue to be healthy and loose the weight.

I remember in ages ago in year 10 I used to always hide under a trench coat, no matter what the weather was, and I walked past a group of older guys and I heard them say,

"Why is she wearing that coat? You'd think she'd be warm enough with all that fat on her!"

People are pretty harsh, cant do anything about it unfortunately, I cant understand how people are so rude...

I'm just happy that I will not have to worry about people's dodgy comments ever again!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:03 pm

my reason:Image
as well as other things but that was a big wake up call for me
kate_turner2000

Postby Leishkin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:24 pm

aww vanessa I'm angry FOR you too!!!

my fiances uncle, one of the first times I met him, said (and you know how sometimes old people have no tact?) "you can sit here, it's the strongest chair i've got" I mean f. off.

and then at a later date I saw him again, fiance's sister and i had just gotten out of the car after picking him up, and he looked at me, looked at her, and said to her "Don't you put on as much weight as this one has.." I was flabbergasted. totally ruined my day/week. I mean really, how obnoxious can you be? I swear sometimes people just.. urgh.*hugs you all*

you're all beautiful, whether you feel it or not, there are obviously people out there that love and care for you, and you're all here being brave, that makes you better than half of those skinny assholes out there -who never had to work out a day in their lives - *group hug*
Leishkin

Postby shelbel » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:36 pm

Its actually really good to hear all these stories from people, just think, next time your feeling like your going to fall off the wagon, you can look back at this post and and remember why you started this journey, i know i will!!

My turning point was when i saw my mother for the first time in a few years. She always been about a size 8 when i was growning up until she got pregnant with my half sister (i was 14 years old before i got a sibling!). She put on a bit then and never lost it and has been steadily putting more on for a while, but the last time i saw her she had really ballooned out and it shocked me. I know it might sound horrible but i kept thinking 'i dont want to end up that big, i have to do something now' I was 93kgs at that time. I lost 15kgs and hovered at 78kgs for a year. Then went on hols and came back at 87kgs! :shock: Ouch! Ive lost close to 6 of it and i really want to finish what i started last year!! Besides that, all the usual reasons, i want to fit into clothes better, i dont want to be the fat one in my group of friends anymore, i want to feel good about myself!

Be kind to yourselves guys!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:30 pm

ill jump in on that group hug *grabs everyone and squeezes them tight* :lol: You are right...we are all beautiful people...and I really consider you good friends now :) xxx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk