It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jannie » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:47 am

I was fairly slim as a child and young adult & weighed about 47kg before I had my first child. Over lots of years, I put on a little bit of weight here and there, bit by bit. i wasn't really happy about it, but I'd think, oh well, what's a kg? If you're slim at 55kg, you're still slim at 56 and so on. Before I was pregnant with my last child (now 4), I weighed about 73-75kg, but I didn't really think I was too fat. I was very fit and played sport, walked and went to the gym and had a pretty healthy diet. After the birth, I was a few kgs heavier. But the onset of a chronic illness stopped me doing anything very active. This, together with some other personal issues, made me extremely depressed and the kilos crept on, although I guess I was in denial about it.
The real wake-up came when I was admitted to hospital and weighed in at 95kg! Even my big clothes were tight. I was in size 16 jeans (just) and when I went to buy some new trousers, I couldn't get the size 16 fastened (not even nearly!). I was mortified and went home without them, rather than go up another size. I realised I was now twice the weight I had been before the first baby and was horrified and disgusted. Around the same time I had some photos taken and it was like, suddenly I could see myself as I really was - huge!

So here I am, very determined and already having made a little progress - although with a lot to go. I have joined this forum for motivation and encouragement, since I am not really sharing this with anyone here. The welcome and encouragment has been really great and I am feeling very positive now. It's great to hear others share their stories and ups & downs, knowing I am not the only one going through this.

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:38 am

Kate everytime I see your "before" photos it always make me gasp as it makes me remember just how far you have come girl!! :D

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:50 am

Thats right Ally :) (although Kate, you were VERY cute back then too hehe)

Return to Weight loss Talk