It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

How much can you really put on in a day?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How much can you really put on in a day?

Postby MissE » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:21 pm

I'm a daily weigher. I know its bad, but I cant help it and I've never really had a problem with it. But if I have a bad day, I can put on 2kg in a day. Its not water weight, it doesnt go away after i go to the loo, it doesnt just drop the next day, I literally gain 2 whole kilos in a day. I think have to work hard to drop them again.
Does anyone else have this?? Am I a total freak of nature?
It's part of the reason I weigh every day, if I didnt and let myself go nuts for 2-3 days, I could undo weeks of good work in less than a week!
What about you guys?
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Jannie » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:40 am

I weigh daily too. I know it's probably not the best idea, but in this early stage of trying to lose a lot of weight, I feel better doing this daily. It's a bit disappointing on the "up" days (I luckily haven't had many so far), but I can take comfort in telling myself that it's probably just water and it makes me more careful of what I am eating and doing.

However... on Sunday morning, I weighed in at 87.2kg... v. exciting, but on Monday, it was 90kg. This morning, 88kg. So, who knows? :roll: Obviously I didn't gain and lose 2 kg overnight, but it seemed a lot to be accounted for by "water". I always weigh first thing in the morning and always in only knickers, so it may be just one of those things. Luckily, the general movement has been downwards.

Good luck and don't be put off by a few bumps along the road! :lol:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBcrzqc/]
[/url]
Jannie

Postby Nay » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:20 am

I am also a daily weigher and my boyfriend has threatened to take the scales away!! :(

I too notice big differences day by day. Its frustrating but I know that If I had to go a week without weighing myself, I would go bonkers and probably eat because I'm too anxious!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1gyr2A/]
[/url]
Nay

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 am

I used to weigh myself many times a day, but the last couple of months I've been really good and cut it back to just the one time a week. I've been slipping badly though so my scales have made a re-appearance in my bathroom. But, even though they are there, I haven't been standing on them all the time like I used to. I had a look this morning though and I've put on half a kilo since the weekend :(

But yeah if I had a major pig out, especially if it contained a lot of carbs and sugars, 2kgs would not be out of the question...
SarahC

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:50 am

I confess to weighing in daily but I see direct trends between what I put in my mouth and how much I weigh the next day. :oops: I'm trying to listen to my body and only eat when I'm hungry - but healthy stuff. :shock:

However it is also very important to take your measurements as well. I lost only 5kgs over a one year period a few years ago...very disheartening if I had of just used the scales....but I lost possibly 50cm or more all over. :shock: This is due to increased muscle mass....so you can tone, look slimmer, and not lose any weight!

Let the scales be a guide only....not your best friend! :lol:

Oh and btw....for the last 6 months try putting 4kgs on at TTOTM and not being able to take it off! That's when I knew something was amiss...starting my metformin after my fitness test today....praying this works!

:) M

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:58 am

my hubbie solved my weighing everyday thingey.....he took my scales and put them up in the cupboard where I can't reach them...not even with a chair :roll: :roll: ...I get them once a week on my alloted weigh-in day :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:50 pm

Good idea Ally

I use to weight myself every day but with fluid changes the scales would have it's up's & down's. I weight myself every monday morning if I remember. I think it's better that way!!!
Chelle

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:04 pm

you're definitely not a freak of nature MissE!

i had a night out with friends - had a few beers & then got nandos (burger & reg chips) on the way home. i got on the scales the next morning and had put on 3kg since the day before :shock: i figured it was a combination of the alcohol and salt content of what i ate
sassi

Postby SarahC » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:09 pm

I've had times where I have lost 2kgs through alcohol drinking. I must have severely dehydrated myself :oops:
SarahC

Postby MissE » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:10 pm

haha way way TMI but i lose weight when i drink apple cider coz it umm... gives me the runs :oops: :oops: :oops:
MissE

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:46 pm

I have lost nearly 90 cms off my whole body in 14 weeks- yet the scales keep telling me I have gained weight, which is impossible. The scales are not important in my life anymore. I used to be fixated on them, its not good for your mental well being!!

Each to there own but I dont think you should care so much about what the scales tell you, if you havent done any bowel movements, that will weigh more. If youve drunk alot of fluids you will weigh more...etc etc etc

Measurements are the most accurate way to measure your weightloss!

Dont want to sound censored just reading it made me saddened that you guys care so much about the scales!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby dietcoke » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:13 pm

Oh my god Kate...that's almost a metre! That's awesome!

Yeah I've just realised that I have to stop weighing myself because I can see that I've lost some weight but haven't lost on the scales. Plus I've been known to put on up to 5kg in just a couple of weeks. Fluid or not it still makes you feel crappy. And measuring can be just as bad if you're weight training because your arms and calves can get bigger.

From now on I'm just going to go on how I look and feel in my clothes I s'pose.
dietcoke

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:29 pm

Kate - that's fantastic, well done on losing all those cm. Great stuff :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:39 pm

Thanks guys! :)

I really didnt want to come across as being b itchy, all the talk about weighing everyday bought back feelings of anger,sadness etc...things I used to feel when I used to weigh myself all the time...

I actually started getting those feelings again a month or so ago with my weekly weigh in with my naturopath...She was convincing me for a cpl of months not to stress about the scales...my trainer told me the same thing also. I have always thought I'd have to be 60kgs or so to be the person I want to be...but realisticly for me to have a great body and be toned and healthy Im most likely going to be in the 70's....and Im not overly tall..

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby MissE » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:40 pm

i dont really stress ab0out the scales, id rather know than not, thats all. because my weight fluctuates so easily, i like to see what the day before did for me weight wise so im inspired to keep on track for the new day. i dont get down if it goes up, i just find it interesting is all..
MissE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk